Galgos drone

8 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

It’s all relevant to terrain rather see her tearing it up on hard ground than turned over in heavy plough 

Mate it didn’t do nothing for me I’m no courseing man but I’d liked to of actually seen a course rather than a b lining 

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of open ground action and a bit of law   

Wow, amazing footage ? I wish we had the use of a Drone camera, back in the day,.just imagine what footage there would be now?  Personally,..I like to see a hare put 'under pressure' by a si

That was some fukcing hare. No doubt a bowline dog would have caught it though .......

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

It’s all relevant to terrain rather see her tearing it up on hard ground than turned over in heavy plough 

by winter its weathered plough mate and it effects dog just as much some excell on it though same as the dry ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m not a courseing man as you know but it would have been nice to see some bends in there then see who stuck to the hare the tightest turn for tun 

the truth is not many breeds after a min can gear up on a hare mate it takes some doing 

in vid is how a grey would run or whippet or grew mate 

some run tight but loose hard like that would take some dog to keep tight mate 

some sit work it gear up keep doing it  type i think you need to kill on land that dry loose mate 

and here there not looking for ground after 5 mins never mind 2 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

by winter its weathered plough mate and it effects dog just as much some excell on it though same as the dry ?

No different to horses on heavy or firm ground faster. Speeds on firm it all a race not sure if the girl was a blazer or not bit of fun watching Via the drone ?

Just now, green lurchers said:

No different to horses on heavy or firm ground faster. Speeds on firm it all a race not sure if the girl was a blazer or not bit of fun watching Via the drone ?

your right mate as in horse and dog are the same some like heavy some like wet but your missing the part were the hare runs dry or wet the same very little difference dog horse sinks hare dont they leave a little print even in slop mate ?

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

your right mate as in horse and dog are the same some like heavy some like wet but your missing the part were the hare runs dry or wet the same very little difference dog horse sinks hare dont they leave a little print even in slop mate ?

Point I was at is a firm ground runner on that  land is a mover and as you know if it’s the boss itl make dogs look a bit slow , I enjoy law the run up go byes and the walk up on them drone vids  the grounds harsh from wat I seen  in south Portugal, mc. I’d rather see a shifter than a hopper ??

Edited by green lurchers
1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Point I was at is a firm ground runner on that  land is a mover and as you know if it’s the boss itl make dogs look a bit slow , I enjoy law the run up go byes and the walk up on them drone vids  the grounds harsh from wat I seen  in south Portugal 

?

• Like 1

Galgos are pretty quick,  the Spanish hares get a shift on on hard ground. 

Mine were quicker than the whippets or Saluki they're run with and have a  handle on their gears.

Not long after this she broke her scapula and  punctured her  lung, nearly  died  but coming back. 

At first I thought the hare just wouldn't turn and stayed going straight and hard because maybe the noise of the drone was pushing him that way. Some of them drones are noisey and I don't think many animals have had drones screaming above them while a dog running behind and I don't think there's a full greyhound in the world keep going that distance iv a full hound here handy enough on rabbits but if she got that run I'd be burying her under the sod at that location after full cardiac arrest ???

9 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

At first I thought the hare just wouldn't turn and stayed going straight and hard because maybe the noise of the drone was pushing him that way. Some of them drones are noisey and I don't think many animals have had drones screaming above them while a dog running behind and I don't think there's a full greyhound in the world keep going that distance iv a full hound here handy enough on rabbits but if she got that run I'd be burying her under the sod at that location after full cardiac arrest ???

Hare do that mate always hit tracks if get caught kink in field  back on them real clever dogs stay to field or middle a track was a good run youtube clever dog ill try finding it ?