Rat lamping

7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I didn’t even stage it mate, just came down from the bath and she’s was like that ? funny little dog she is. 

my mrs had a first x pat whippet just like that wee thing cracking wee dog she was and mustard on the rats ...are the two them whippet terrier crosses mate?

1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

my mrs had a first x pat whippet just like that wee thing cracking wee dog she was and mustard on the rats ...are the two them whippet terrier crosses mate?

Yeah, whippet Russell sire over the pat springer in the pictures, the 2 sisters I bred. Seem to be coming on well. Jai's has been flying all season but mine managed to dislocate her hip in November so missed this season and only just getting going, she seems keen to catch up though and her hip seems to be holding up ok so far

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Tyla said:

Yeah, whippet Russell sire over the pat springer in the pictures, the 2 sisters I bred. Seem to be coming on well. Jai's has been flying all season but mine managed to dislocate her hip in November so missed this season and only just getting going, she seems keen to catch up though and her hip seems to be holding up ok so far

She was keen enough the first morning she came out , gone be no problem that little thing 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

She was keen enough the first morning she came out , gone be no problem that little thing 

Yeah I hope so. Not showing any sign of weakness on the hip and I'm liking her attitude. Fingers crossed

• Like 1
On 03/05/2021 at 23:53, SheepChaser said:

You want one you can have one, I’ve got 70 or more fecking orphans at home ? 

70 pet lambs wow am spending a fortune on 8 ! , do u buy the milk in bulk ? Iv weand 4 oldest on to grass now just milking the last 4 , bloody things bitting teats off all time 

Looks some great sport that Jai, good pics as well...

Might be bending your ear about all things sheep soon enough, be having a dozen or so up here in the next couple of months... something new for me so all advice welcome.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

70 pet lambs wow am spending a fortune on 8 ! , do u buy the milk in bulk ? Iv weand 4 oldest on to grass now just milking the last 4 , bloody things bitting teats off all time 

Don’t get me started on the teat chewing! This batch came out of a mob of about 1200 ewes, mostly triplets or quads, which we have a lot more of this year. 

10 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

He suckles them hiself he reckons

• Haha 1