Forgive me, lads. I'm really just making this post as a reference point for myself.

I've just slung Eight mugs full into Three Litres of water. With some Baking Powder ~ which, I take it, is much the same a Bi Carb?

Anyway, I forgot how we finally pinned this shit before. I thing it was @mushroom who finally got me there? Told me to soak the fukk out of them, basically. Then pressure cook them.

I just haven't remembered any real clue as to the times, volumes or what ever. Recording this attempt so, if I do it again, I can run a search on this post and see what I did this time :)

Fukking Love chickpeas! :D Tonight's sunday. That means beef steak, chickpeas and gravy. A man couldn't want for more! It's my favourite meal of the week!

But, I'm down to just two packs, in my freezer. Got to stock up!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was a fish ,I would hold out for a maggot .

Kenny D ,I tried the chickpeas ,I also tried the canned variety ,...meh ..a shoulder shrug of a food ,a bland filler .WTF happened to your taste buds that you can be so enthusiastic about them ,I feel

Chickpeas are amazing........for fishing bait !  

Posted Images

I vacuum seal them, mate :)  Quite happy to lock up a fair bit of space in my foxes freezer.

I do a shit ton at once because it gets all the work out of the way in one hit. For example; They're locking up my pressure cooker pot. Quite possibly what ever other receptacles they may over flow to needing too.

I don't need that shit in my life. So, better to get it all over with. Then spend a whole, dedicated afternoon to bagging the fukkers. Then, I'm probably good for six months ;)

43 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Forgive me, lads. I'm really just making this post as a reference point for myself.

I've just slung Eight mugs full into Three Litres of water. With some Baking Powder ~ which, I take it, is much the same a Bi Carb?

Anyway, I forgot how we finally pinned this shit before. I thing it was @mushroom who finally got me there? Told me to soak the fukk out of them, basically. Then pressure cook them.

I just haven't remembered any real clue as to the times, volumes or what ever. Recording this attempt so, if I do it again, I can run a search on this post and see what I did this time :)

Fukking Love chickpeas! :D Tonight's sunday. That means beef steak, chickpeas and gravy. A man couldn't want for more! It's my favourite meal of the week!

But, I'm down to just two packs, in my freezer. Got to stock up!

Is your mate coming round nice meal and a quick wank?

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Baking powder isn't the same as bicarbonate of soda.  It is more conveniant to use tinned chick peas. They are cheap enough too. Just remember to rinse them well.

may be more convenient but the flavour of using the dried chickpeas makes it worth the effort

• Like 1

Well, lads, This just went down a fukking Treat! As always! :D

P4250495.JPG.73c0a1189d5a9a6cde13f1287d4a1349.JPG

Steak so tender it's like eating meaty marshmallows. Chickpeas bursting with flavour! I fukking Love my Sunday night feed!

(Only fukker is? I'd happily eat it all again, right now! Maybe I should start grabbing Two steaks ....?)

• Like 2

You fukking serious, Stan?! Seriously?!

They're fukking Gorgeous, mate! I could just sit and eat bowls full of the things! :boogy:

Basically ~ as best I can describe it to you myself; I'd say they have a consistency most akin to home made " Soaked Peas ". Maybe just that teentsy bit firmer?

And the taste? Again, how can we explain such concepts? Best I can do it a bit like " Butter Beans " ~ which I honestly haven't had in decades now. But, I think I remember?

Please Don't pick up a tin of the things in Tesco. Then come back here reporting you found them bland and tasteless!!! Tinned shit usually Is bland and tasteless.

Nip into any 'wholefood' sort of shop. Buy a pack of dry ones. Soak them, like peas ..... Ah, fukk it. Just let your wife take it from there. She'll know what to do ;)