• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iive been on Colchester borough council housing list since June 2020 , i received a telephone call from them this afternoon they have offered me housing, nothing to keep me here, and i shall be n

Its sheltered accomodation where im going im afraid to say, if someone was to say to me a while back, keith this is where your gonna end up, but you never no whats around the corner, im sound enough,

All sorted and ready for off folks, i leave staffordshire behind on the 26th of this month

14 minutes ago, WILF said:

No, I hear you mate ?

Don’t forget, there’s a value in just being able to sit back and let them pack, shift and move your kit properly.

All insured, you don’t have to lift a finger which is handy especially if you have health problems.

All you have to worry about is yourself and a kettle.

Man with a van is alright, but it’s normally some chancer, packing your kit like he is off to the tip, picking up 6 other jobs on the way, alone, Eastern European or some shit.

Proper people do a proper job and that is very important in something as stressful as moving......I think you’d get that for about 850 in normal times, don’t know what the COVID protocols are now but hand over your cash and sit back and relax ?

You should be able to ask a proper firm for references, previous jobs etc ?

Got to agree with this tbh .Cheap is usually cheap for a reason .Whatever you decide mate ,all the very best in your new future .

Its sheltered accomodation where im going im afraid to say, if someone was to say to me a while back, keith this is where your gonna end up, but you never no whats around the corner, im sound enough, just unsteady on my pins, ive worked hard getting a move, all im doing at the moment, is getting a good deal with moving, im not stupid, ive still got it up top just about, but to think i have the chance of moving nearer my daughter, and not just that, for myself, well, i wish for nowt else i count my blessings at my age,      the guy on this forum offering me help, it restores ones faith in humanity and like ive stated i dont expect owt fer nowt, 

• Like 6

Another thing, if you are going into sheltered and have health problems I’d look into a grant for moving from the council if I was you.....you never know 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Its sheltered accomodation where im going im afraid to say, if someone was to say to me a while back, keith this is where your gonna end up, but you never no whats around the corner, im sound enough, just unsteady on my pins, ive worked hard getting a move, all im doing at the moment, is getting a good deal with moving, im not stupid, ive still got it up top just about, but to think i have the chance of moving nearer my daughter, and not just that, for myself, well, i wish for nowt else i count my blessings at my age,      the guy on this forum offering me help, it restores ones faith in humanity and like ive stated i dont expect owt fer nowt, 

If you weren’t so far off mate I,d gladly move you, good luck and FairPlay to you, still life in an old dog, grab it with both hands ??

• Like 2
Just now, sid g said:

sorry i cant help you mate my big vans up for sale i would`nt like to say yes i can do it then have no van if you cant get sorted  by all means give us a try nearer the time if im not away and my vans not gone i`ll see what i can do ,,,

Syd will do it cheap.....£1095 ! Lol ? 

Not exactly what I envisaged my life would end up like in sheltered housing but its a lovely homely place I like to think I can get along with most people so I'm not grumbling where I live I'm lucky to even see a human being let alone converse with one  it's an awful thing is loneliness and I aim to put a stop to it  

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, sid g said:

some of the antique lads use anyvan to ship gear about ... 

I sold a load of very, very expensive Leather sofas once to another dealer and he Sent a courier.....geezer pushed them into the back of a transit on their ends, on the leather off a metal tail lift, no blankets or cardboard on the floor, not a blanket on the van !!.......I almost chinned him and they wasn’t even mine because the dealer had paid !

I phoned him up and said “f**k sake, why are you using these people” ! 

Edited by WILF
27 minutes ago, sid g said:

you`ve seen my van i used to ship my own about as much as possible ,, some cowboys in the job they used to hang about the auction on a saturday to pick up a bit of custom off the public they used to  leave gear out in the rain chuck it about like it was going to the tip ... 

I’ll never understand that penny wise, pound foolish mentality mate.

You know yourself, nobody cares about your kit except you.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Not exactly what I envisaged my life would end up like in sheltered housing but its a lovely homely place I like to think I can get along with most people so I'm not grumbling where I live I'm lucky to even see a human being let alone converse with one  it's an awful thing is loneliness and I aim to put a stop to it  

You sound a lot like one of our mates.

........ He's a similar age and, lives in a nice sheltered housing place in Swindon - they cater for different folk. His place is a self contained flat.

It's nice and quiet, he comes and goes as he pleases.

The whole complext is in a nice area and, he's got good neighbours.

Security is excellent. 

He's not there because he's incapable of looking after himself - he lives on his own and, it's what suits him.

Good luck with it Keith :thumbs:

• Like 3