Stanley Band Clamp

Got one of These in todays post :) Spotted it on Amazon, for under a tenner?! :icon_eek: Fukk Yeah!!! Free postage, on Prime? Did alright for myself there, methinks!

A man can't have too many clamps about the tool room. Especially when there's simply no one around to ask for a hand.

Trying to amass a little collection of the hand triggered ones too. Grabbed the last few Irwin ones. Only little. But, I was using Mole Grips the other day! So, little ones have their uses too.

Anyone else into their clamps?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s one of these types the pin inside breaks it’s plastic holder and the trigger just stays back, if you take the side cover off and drill a hole through were the pin goes then put a nut and bolt

What do you wank over, Drops? Kiddies underwear catalogues? FFS. I spend a lot of time tinkering in my tool room. Better than sliding around this place, making stupid comments for a rise.

Can even get clamps to hold buckets

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Got one of These in todays post :) Spotted it on Amazon, for under a tenner?! :icon_eek: Fukk Yeah!!! Free postage, on Prime? Did alright for myself there, methinks!

A man can't have too many clamps about the tool room. Especially when there's simply no one around to ask for a hand.

Trying to amass a little collection of the hand triggered ones too. Grabbed the last few Irwin ones. Only little. But, I was using Mole Grips the other day! So, little ones have their uses too.

Anyone else into their clamps?

Mrs uses a tongue clamp on me every now and again, when I tend to get a tad rabid.  But apart from that, can't say I really need one. ? ?

Granted, every Man has a set or two of Moles. But, I'm more of a wood man myself. Happier messing around with wood.

And, whilst they're not exactly the hot shit news of the week, these new sorts are a world away from the old, metal G Clamps and those gorgeous, to die for, Record Sash Clamps! ? (I'd love a pair of them, just to have in my shed and look So fukking Manly! ?)

Mate of mine has an actual Wall full of clamps! Barsted! Every conceivable type and size!

Damn right too though! Nothing more tormenting that mentally saying to your imaginary mate: " Just cop hold of that end a sec', please, mate. " Wishing you Had a mate. Or, at least that one more fukking clamp!

I made some shelves lately. Wanted to glue strips of battens to form a lip, so shit wouldn't slide off? Five and half feet a piece. Three of them.

Took me Three fukking Days, because I only had enough clamps, of any sort, to hold one length at a time.

Fukk that. Next time I'm in town, I'll grab a couple more. Just keep grabbing them. Grab different sizes too. So fukking useful, when you need one and have one :)

Tell you what you don't see anymore the old bench dog clamps like you had at school in the woodwork class, I use toggle clamps but they have nothing on them old dog clamps.

Drops; I just can't get my head round the fact they they sold me that thing, brand new and sealed, for Under Ten Pounds!!!

It started out as £11.73 (Insanely low!) Then, they let me have it for £9.77!

I glanced at google, just looking for a picture, and they retail at closer to a score!

Anyway, what ever. I've had a smaller, more fiddly el cheapo, similar principle thing for decades now. So, I know I'll find use for this bad boy.

Fukking tenner though! I can't get over it!

8 minutes ago, kanny said:

Tell you what you don't see anymore the old bench dog clamps like you had at school in the woodwork class, I use toggle clamps but they have nothing on them old dog clamps.

I don't even remember what they are now, mate. But, I remember seeing a bloke on chube demonstrating them. Even he said they're a forgotten thing now.

I've just become something of a clamp fiend because I got a couple with a work table I bought. Found how bloody useful They were. Then, gradually came to realise how 'a couple more' would always be handy.

Even making just a rough old box thing; Being able to hold four bits of plank together and walk away to get something is Such a boon! Then, coming back and whacking screws in from every side? Bloody great!

• Like 1

Christ, Archie! Talk about 'coming prepared'!

Must say though, those old G Clamps don't do it for me. More metal workers stuff, I'd say.

Todays Spreaders are good, with wood. But, I already know to question their pressure load. Was pumping the handle on one a while back? Something just went and that was all she wrote :(