Lawn care maintenance.. tips and advice!

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Did a mini renno 10 days ago with the aim of having decent looking bit of turn for a bank holl weekend bbq.

Had been away for 2 weeks and when i got back the grass was looking pretty shit to ssy the least. 

Did a quick scarify.

Sprayed with the lawn tonic. ( greens up within 2 days!)

And put a granular fertiliser on. Watered it in over a few days.

Quite pleased with the 10 day turnaround.. although i sometimes i wounder why i bother when my mrs and daughters don't pay any attention to it.

I could probably dig it up and they wouldn't notice!!?

Before..

20210817_173744.jpg.4463c2c8a4dd4585a432ad490a16d7c0.jpg

After..

20210828_150351.jpg.e89c85aa2c3d52193bf63c2cb0a57552.jpg

Next job... edge that left hand side!

Really nice mate, well played ??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't mind admitting i like a nice looking lawn.. so thought I'd start a thread going in order to gain and hopefully share a bit of advice around what to do to get that grass in tip top condition re

Did a mini renno 10 days ago with the aim of having decent looking bit of turn for a bank holl weekend bbq. Had been away for 2 weeks and when i got back the grass was looking pretty shit to ssy

Grosure fast active mate comes up in a week no lie brilliant stuff 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Really nice mate, well played ??

Cheers Bosun... I'm glad you appreciate the effort mate!!?

Revisited your garden pics earlier pal.. i know i said before, but it's well tidy that is. 

I can see a lot of effort and time has gone into that space... you should be well proud of it..?It looks grand.

I'm planning next springs renno already.

I fancy over seeding with mm50 grass seed, it's what they use at Winbledon. 100% Dwarf rye. You can cut it short and it takes loads of hammer. Problem is.. its £130 a sack and i'd only need about a third of that!!

This is the first year I’ve put any thought into the state of the lawn.  Got a mate with a digger to flatten the area under the trees, tons of topsoil and then seeded it.  It doesn’t get a lot of sun but am happy for now.....have fed the main lawns this summer and hoping the new area will come on next spring when it has a bit more light on it before the leaves come out !

C2A1CA43-D3AA-4FC7-B171-9C44CCE8B192.jpeg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, bell said:

This is the first year I’ve put any thought into the state of the lawn.  Got a mate with a digger to flatten the area under the trees, tons of topsoil and then seeded it.  It doesn’t get a lot of sun but am happy for now.....have fed the main lawns this summer and hoping the new area will come on next spring when it has a bit more light on it before the leaves come out !

You've done cracking job there mate... looks grand that...?

I went a early with the overseeding this year and struggled with germination as the temperature plumeted for most nights during a long period of days even though it was decent temps during daytime. It did come fairly good in the end though. Going to try and be patient next spring and hold off a while longer, probably late April at earliest!!

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

You've done cracking job there mate... looks grand that...?

I went a early with the overseeding this year and struggled with germination as the temperature plumeted for most nights during a long period of days even though it was decent temps during daytime. It did come fairly good in the end though. Going to try and be patient next spring and hold off a while longer, probably late April at earliest!!

Yes mate,same here, took nearly a month to germinate !.....spent a fortune on the seed and thought ‘feck me none of it is going to come up! ‘.......patience grasshopper, patience.......

• Haha 1
On 29/08/2021 at 18:10, Bush Rummager said:

Did a mini renno 10 days ago with the aim of having decent looking bit of turn for a bank holl weekend bbq.

Had been away for 2 weeks and when i got back the grass was looking pretty shit to ssy the least. 

Did a quick scarify.

Sprayed with the lawn tonic. ( greens up within 2 days!)

And put a granular fertiliser on. Watered it in over a few days.

Quite pleased with the 10 day turnaround.. although i sometimes i wounder why i bother when my mrs and daughters don't pay any attention to it.

I could probably dig it up and they wouldn't notice!!?

Before..

20210817_173744.jpg.4463c2c8a4dd4585a432ad490a16d7c0.jpg

After..

20210828_150351.jpg.e89c85aa2c3d52193bf63c2cb0a57552.jpg

Next job... edge that left hand side!

What is lawn tonic? Iron sulphate? Do you ever take soil samples? 

8 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

What is lawn tonic? Iron sulphate? Do you ever take soil samples? 

Never done a soil PH if that's what you mean.

I haven't gone 'full' geek mode on it just yet!!

Just now, Bush Rummager said:

Never done a soil PH if that's what you mean.

I haven't gone 'full' geek mode on it just yet!!

That should be priority! You could be wasting money with fert etc when it needs lime to get proper uptake ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I hope you ain’t letting that mole ruin that garden bell, hope it’s long dead by now ?

Mate it fecked off......but another has decided to chance it’s luck.....the traps have been deployed.........

• Like 1
On 30/08/2021 at 19:06, bell said:

That's a great job Bell ??

• 2 years later...