2 hours ago, WILF said:

Fact of the matter is, most martial arts is all Kata......nothing ever happens in real time in realistic situations.

Boxing you spar, it’s in real time.

Even BJJ is more realistic than most Kung Fu type stuff because basically it’s wrestling and you have to practice that in real time.

There is no doubt some handy Kung fu types out there but I’d suggest they are a very, very small minority......99% of them would get marmalised by some rough old boy off the plot.

Thats about the strength of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw a black belt in Origami get challenged once.........he just folded !            I’ll get my coat..........

Fact of the matter is, most martial arts is all Kata......nothing ever happens in real time in realistic situations. Boxing you spar, it’s in real time. Even BJJ is more realistic than most

The reality is if you was about to have a straightener with someone and they pitched up with a Jackie Chan stance you'd blow a raspberry at them....them early Ufc's were about finding out what worked

well i was impressed anyhow,...next time i will sneak up behind some bloke ,batter him across the head and then shout ..ITS OK ITS ONLY BALSA WOOD ... and see how it goes lol...if the bat breaks and hes pissed off looking ,then i know jd will have been correct,and then i'll run like fuk

4 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

well i was impressed anyhow,...next time i will sneak up behind some bloke ,batter him across the head and then shout ..ITS OK ITS ONLY BALSA WOOD ... and see how it goes lol...if the bat breaks and hes pissed off looking ,then i know jd will have been correct,and then i'll run like fuk

However, you will be sound if you ever get assaulted by an IKEA delivery man who’s had a stroke ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

Fact of the matter is, most martial arts is all Kata......nothing ever happens in real time in realistic situations.

Boxing you spar, it’s in real time.

Really? Old mate of mine's a Dan grade in Shotokan. I saw a photo of him and this other guy, one time. Both standing there in their nice, white suits. Grinning like a pair of lost its.

But, their hands! All their knuckles looked like nuggets of smokeless coal. I asked him WTF's That all about?! He just shrugged and said; " That happens, when you're sparring. " :icon_eek:

No gloves on. And they clearly hadn't been poncing around flicking each other and lisping 'Gottcha!' either. Probably fending off attacks from bits of balsa wood to get that smashed up.

Actually - and I've no idea if this was the norm - his particular Sensei practically demanded his boys get out on the streets and get into real fights. I guess he wasn't into Crufts! ;)

10 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Really? Old mate of mine's a Dan grade in Shotokan. I saw a photo of him and this other guy, one time. Both standing there in their nice, white suits. Grinning like a pair of lost its.

But, their hands! All their knuckles looked like nuggets of smokeless coal. I asked him WTF's That all about?! He just shrugged and said; " That happens, when you're sparring. " :icon_eek:

No gloves on. And they clearly hadn't been poncing around flicking each other and lisping 'Gottcha!' either. Probably fending off attacks from bits of balsa wood to get that smashed up.

Actually - and I've no idea if this was the norm - his particular Sensei practically demanded his boys get out on the streets and get into real fights. I guess he wasn't into Crufts! ;)

Since your going round other threads still papping off I'll just call it like it is, you've proven earlier on in this thread that you bullshit with your claim of seeing someone fly 15ft through the air after being kicked. If you bullshit once you'll bullshit twice. so sparred so hard there hands were black yet the suits were still nice and white? Thought they'd of been red? And the other noticibale thing would have been they're smashed up faces. Your a black belt in bullshido I'll give you that.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I have known and worked with a few of the funny fighting crowd ,some proper tough ,hard lads among them ,but every one of them was a bully ,some more than others but they all had the trait .

I once witnessed a local black belt “full contact” (whatever that means ?) karate champion and his brother come seriously unstuck in a local boozer one night.

They barged in looking for bother and started acting the c**t with a lad who was just minding his own business.

They had another lad with them too so being 3 handed may have made them feel a bit invincible.

However, they hadn’t counted in the ancient London art of a right cross, a size 9 and a pub table ! Lol

And as an assembled crowd mopped them off the floor and put them in an ambulance I think I saw a look on their mangled faces that said “that wasn’t meant to happen” Lol 

In fairness, the lad they picked on had asked them several times to leave him alone......they should have listened to him. Lol ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Astanley said:

every one of them was a bully ,some more than others but they all had the trait .

Curious you found that, Stan. I'm for ever remember what a quiet, laid back bloke my old mate was. Couldn't get a guy much further from any sort of 'Bully'.

LOL! Saying that though, I can take your point! Thinking back to all this, I remembered one time, I was in a big building which contained, among lots of other things, some sort of 'mixed martial arts'  place.

I can't even remember what I was doing in there. Delivering leaflets, for all I remember. But, what was obviously the guy running the mma suddenly appeared. Short fukker.

Had his thumbs hooked in his belt. Chin jutting out. He sort of wandered into the area I was in. Walked round a bit, dishing out menacing glares. Then wandered back. I burst out laughing! It was the most inane thing I've ever seen! ?

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Curious you found that, Stan. I'm for ever remember what a quiet, laid back bloke my old mate was. Couldn't get a guy much further from any sort of 'Bully'.

LOL! Saying that though, I can take your point! Thinking back to all this, I remembered one time, I was in a big building which contained, among lots of other things, some sort of 'mixed martial arts'  place.

I can't even remember what I was doing in there. Delivering leaflets, for all I remember. But, what was obviously the guy running the mma suddenly appeared. Short fukker.

Had his thumbs hooked in his belt. Chin jutting out. He sort of wandered into the area I was in. Walked round a bit, dishing out menacing glares. Then wandered back. I burst out laughing! It was the most inane thing I've ever seen! ?

I'm sure there are loads of self confident ,quiet unassuming chaps in the game ,they don't tend to gravitate to door work though .