Atlas Bipods

I see alot of folks all over switching to these for various reasons, anyone of you guys happen to have made the switch? How do you like it compared to the standard harris style ? Has it half your shooting ?Personally I can't really justify dropping $300 on a bipod. Mabye one of the hundreds of $50 chinese knock offs floating around ebay or Amazon but that ist right now.

I have bought two of the chinese copies and found them to me rubbish, just very loose very quickly and will not buy another. Some people have bought the copies and found them to be good but there are so many out there it is difficult to know which ar good.

Phil

• Like 2

Just bought a Spartan this week. Not cheap and my hands were tied because my rifle does not have standard swivel. Seems great bit if kit. With drone pro and mod on top of rifle I wanted something light. Will be using it in my various fox boxes. If I am honest use my quad sticks for all other shooting apart from targets. Had a few Harris copies and were crap. Genuine Harris are good and can be picked up quite cheap second hand. 

10 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Just bought a Spartan this week. Not cheap and my hands were tied because my rifle does not have standard swivel. Seems great bit if kit. With drone pro and mod on top of rifle I wanted something light. Will be using it in my various fox boxes. If I am honest use my quad sticks for all other shooting apart from targets. Had a few Harris copies and were crap. Genuine Harris are good and can be picked up quite cheap second hand. 

I am with you on the Harris copies, I thought I’d penny pinch and get one , it turned out to be a waste of money as I couldn’t cant the rifle , it was fixed . I can’t comment personally on the Spartan , but a mate had one on his Blaser and didn’t rate it , so much so that he was at the midland game fair and went up to the guy selling them in front of everyone and said “ those bipods are crap “ the salesman asked him to elaborate, and then wished he hadn’t as he went through a list of his dislikes . I hope you find yours more to your liking. ?

I'm a cheap skate anyway and have three of these on my rifles, been OK last few years, I'll just chuck em when not fit for purpose any more. 

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Shop zeadio 9-13 inches Swivel Pivot Tiltable Bipod with Sling Mount. Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders.

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

a mate.....  was at the midland game fair and went up to the guy selling them in front of everyone and said “ those bipods are crap “ the salesman asked him to ......elaborate

27 minutes ago, ianm said:

I tried an Atlas and didn't like it at all.  

I’ve got the big Harris 27” one sounds like I’ve got a big arse lol owned and used nearly every week for over 10 years still in perfect condition speaks for itself.

FAO Wolfie Harris is slang for arse mainly in the London area I know you guys over there haven’t a clue what we are on about sometimes ?

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I have an arris, I  also have a Harris which is permanently fitted to my 223.  I only use it when shooting off of a vehicle.  The reason being is that it ain't  much fun laying on soaking wet ground or in sloppy sheep shit and more often than not the position is too low to see the target due to the lay of the ground or the height of the grass ect. To improve this situation I made a simple folding two leg steady rest out of a scrap road sign frame.  Sometimes I will use a tree or a fencepost, but mostly I  shoot freehand.  Some people shoot off of a couple of sticks tied at the top. It just depends.  A mate shoots on flat mainly marshland and he uses a long Harris and generally shoots from a sitting position.  To avoid sitting in the wet and sheep shit he has hooks on the hem of his jacket.  From these hang a rubber floor mat.  This keeps him out of the wet and any residue slides off when he walks.  The mat is long enough so that the residue don't fill his wellies.!!

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1