A first for me

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two in one been trapping over year now first dubble for me

Funny old world is mole catching.  Popular wisdom, as it was handed to me, always said you must make sure the tunnel is a run that the mole travels in either direction - there's no point setting

Get plenty of doubles with Putanges  your luck will change

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t think there’s anything to moling, try snaring it’s a lot more difficult an I think that’s what helped me catch moles, clives  putange a an his wee vid started me years back as an experiment an I found it quite easy, found talpex an never looked back, recently been asked to start in farms an wanted to save as much time as possible an asked for folk to help me suss out the barrels. Few decent lads offered to come show me but between COVID an work an there life’s we ain’t had chance but after a couple tips iv sussed it anyways or at least enough to get by, always room for improvement an I not too proud or daft to take advice, even if it’s off somebody who spent less time at it than me, old school eh? I can’t remember a time when men shouted at men from behind a computer telling them to come here, but refusing to go to them, you must be a lot older than my 40 odd ?

snaring ?,....i have been trying it mate,...& very late too it, i am,....poor old coneys,...what happened to them all these days ? ,..right art that is,...& i knew f**k all, & still need life time of practise, i bet,...too late probably

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If you knew what a foxdropper was you’d have some respect sir but I’ll not hold my breath 

Well, seen enough of it done, on the ground  & the consequence ?,...but im no fan of guns, & the itchy trigger finger , brigade either, for that matter, although nothing personal,...

1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

Well, seen enough of it done, on the ground  & the consequence ?,...but im no fan of guns, & the itchy trigger finger , brigade either, for that matter, although nothing personal,...

friend of mine up here ,quite dedicated, trying to get any awkward ones,...lamp shy & all that ?   (& he still prefers shooting them on the lamp, rather than night vision, apparently ?)

14 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

snaring ?,....i have been trying it mate,...& very late too it, i am,....poor old coneys,...what happened to them all these days ? ,..right art that is,...& i knew f**k all, & still need life time of practise, i bet,...too late probably

"refusing to go to them",...you DONT bother me enough, mate ? ,....what you gonna do ?,...cause im 'shaking in my boots here"  lol.....it was me that OFFERED you, IF your bothered ?,...

18 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

no mate, not old , but old enough for you,..

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If you knew what a foxdropper was you’d have some respect sir but I’ll not hold my breath 

I know what a foxdropper was and it's just a  hunt servant who dropped a bagged fox in front of a pack of hounds that couldn't find just so the mounted field had a chase??, whats to respect for any of that cruel bollocks ?..

19 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

I was wrong about the Talpex & Putange. ( but hey, i kinda knew) They are both well, up to the job. Once i started paying them, attention.