17 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mad as f**k but what a night the deceased had one last blaze of glory id be a happy man if my brothers took me out on the last session like that I think it’d be the same for my brothers they would be happy I think in a strange way that’s a sign of respect an love for the deceased as if there still living an to be included 

A weekend at Bernie's will do me as a last blast ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We didn't take him out the coffin but me and a few old friends picked a old hippy traveller friend up from the funeral directors and took him for a few spliffs and a beer or two before taking him real

Fukc me would you be better off on mums net perhaps .......

Fukcing freak .........

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

He just didn't want to let go, can't imagine it would smell after a year let alone 12

Have a read of this mate.ive had a few pints in there yrs ago probably "socks" Ken has had a few when passing..as it's the top of his valley..

3 decades she was in the attic for..

4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Had a few in there myself

It's mad to think she was in the attic all that time..if you had a few in there before august 2000..she was up there then..

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Mad as f**k but what a night the deceased had one last blaze of glory id be a happy man if my brothers took me out on the last session like that I think it’d be the same for my brothers they would be happy I think in a strange way that’s a sign of respect an love for the deceased as if there still living an to be included 

We didn't take him out the coffin but me and a few old friends picked a old hippy traveller friend up from the funeral directors and took him for a few spliffs and a beer or two before taking him really late to his own funeral :laugh:,had a drive round Salisbury city centre and he'd have laughed at the looks we were getting..:victory:..

IMG_20180903_115727753.jpg

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, fireman said:

We didn't take him out the coffin but me and a few old friends picked a old hippy traveller friend up from the funeral directors and took him for a few spliffs and a beer or two before taking him really late to his own funeral :laugh:,had a drive round Salisbury city centre and he'd have laughed at the looks we were getting..:victory:..

IMG_20180903_115727753.jpg

Respect! 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, king said:

Have a read of this mate.ive had a few pints in there yrs ago probably "socks" Ken has had a few when passing..as it's the top of his valley..

3 decades she was in the attic for..

Drunk in there hundreds of times it’s in my village and it was a mate of mines mother .....

40 minutes ago, fireman said:

Took him for a few spliffs and a beer or two .... round Salisbury city centre

The Star? My memory may be failing me by now. (Every 'The Star' I ever seem to have set foot in was a belter!) But, I'm pretty sure I remember it was the Star, in Salisbury where, if your hair was long enough, you practically got handed a free pint and a spliff at the door! :icon_eek:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, socks said:

Drunk in there hundreds of times it’s in my village and it was a mate of mines mother .....

Feck that's mad ken..

So the son ended up running it for years and his mam was in the attic all the while.

You couldn't make it up mad as feck.what was the feeling of it all she took her own life..

2 minutes ago, socks said:

All very hushed up and kept amongst the family ... but local talk amongst the older generation was he done her in. 

Some crazy situation there then.and he had the front to carry on running the place..the mind boggles at such stuff ken.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

The Star? My memory may be failing me by now. (Every 'The Star' I ever seem to have set foot in was a belter!) But, I'm pretty sure I remember it was the Star, in Salisbury where, if your hair was long enough, you practically got handed a free pint and a spliff at the door! :icon_eek:

Your right it was The Star that was the " types" pub, The William the 4th or The Willy 4th that was the biker pub around that time as well ,feck me haven't been into either for well over 30 years now and doub't very much there the same as they once were eh...:(..

• Like 1