Bonus for working through the pandemic

On the other hand you could think of it like this, it's a bonus to have a job in these times. 

Our place  layed off around 50 staff before Christmas, you are just a number at the end of the day when all is said and done. 

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wife is a manager of a support care team,this is what here company has sent them each,to say thank you for all the hard work yous have done.I told her to put them all in a bag and send them back t

Only thing that's really changed for me is I haven't been able to travel about as freely as I normally would, unable to get to alot of my permission etc... Other than that life's still good, myself an

Right ,  I apologise If this sounds abrasive .    one ... what do people want for working through the pandemic ? A f***ing blue Peter badge? Be a grown up and stop worrying about what yo

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Did you give your staff a pick and mix or just say thank you,as the way you have put that is you sold it abroad.Or do you mean you ran a company and once you got it up and running they sold it for good money and you got nothing.

The latter ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

On the other hand you could think of it like this, it's a bonus to have a job in these times. 

Our place  layed off around 50 staff before Christmas, you are just a number at the end of the day when all is said and done. 

The amount of plant operator jobs out there now.is better than before the recession of 2008..and the whole building industry is doing well..

• Like 2

I’ve just heard I’m getting a 2 year pay freeze with 3 years to go before I retire that’s blinding news, gratitude for you I’ve not had one day off through all this bullshit with people taking 80% for sitting at home I feel like a mug.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve just heard I’m getting a 2 year pay freeze with 3 years to go before I retire that’s blinding news, gratitude for you I’ve not had one day off through all this bullshit with people taking 80% for sitting at home I feel like a mug.

Shite mate, you're doing better than us though. They are going to cut our quarterly bonus scheme. 

Tbf they are upping our hourly rate but they are also messing with our OT. 

It's as though they are putting money in one pocket and taking it out of the other. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, king said:

The amount of plant operator jobs out there now.is better than before the recession of 2008..and the whole building industry is doing well..

Probably true, the last few weeks I've been spending more time in the digger and have been getting quite good at grading off. 

It's true what one of the lads said, it will just click and it has. 

Still haven't done any trench work or anything like that so far from perfect. ?

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Shite mate, you're doing better than us though. They are going to cut our quarterly bonus scheme. 

Tbf they are upping our hourly rate but they are also messing with our OT. 

It's as though they are putting money in one pocket and taking it out of the other. 

There also looking at our T&Cs I reckon a re-org or redundancy’s are around the corner RMT are not happy interesting times ahead. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Probably true, the last few weeks I've been spending more time in the digger and have been getting quite good at grading off. 

It's true what one of the lads said, it will just click and it has. 

Still haven't done any trench work or anything like that so far from perfect. ?

You will soon pick it up.before you know it your hands will be pulling the levers without you even thinking about it.almost like being on autopilot..

Once you get to that stage the next step is putting the machine to work in an efficient way and setting yourself up to attack what ever task needs doing..

Everyday is a day of experience under the belt mate ?

10 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

There also looking at our T&Cs I reckon a re-org or redundancy’s are around the corner RMT are not happy interesting times ahead. 

At the moment we get overtime after 8 hours and travel to work contributes towards that. 

They are changing it so we only get overtime after 9 hours and that has to be on site for 9, travel to work will no longer contribute towards that. 

I'm only getting a 90p per hour pay rise so with the loss of quarterly bonus that can be between £500-700 a quarter  I think we are net down. 

Edited by Greb147
5 minutes ago, king said:

You will soon pick it up.before you know it your hands will be pulling the levers without you even thinking about it.almost like being on autopilot..

Once you get to that stage the next step is putting the machine to work in an efficient way and setting yourself up to attack what ever task needs doing..

Everyday is a day of experience under the belt mate ?

They are just about at that level now but to be a proper operator it's all about positioning yourself and knowing what to do and when to do it. 

Just simple things like working on a stock pile and clearing it all without stone being spread all over the yard takes working out. ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

They are just about at that level now but to be a proper operator it's all about positioning yourself and knowing what to do and when to do it. 

Just simple things like working on a stock pile and clearing it all without stone being spread all over the yard takes working out. ?

Little steps at a time you will soon get it.at the beginning of the shift try and think and look where you will roughly be at the end of the shift etc.as in not getting excited to dig like feck and end up backing yourself into a corner etc..

Here's a good little vid for you listen to him at 2;00mins about pulling half a bucket through the pile and gauging the level off what he checked with the laser.

It would obviously work well on a stockpile as long as the machine is level trim the 1st pass nice and level as you can and then use that as a gauge across the width of the stockpile.instead of just grabbing bucketfuls from the middle of the pile etc..

• Like 1

I worked on a 50 tonne rock ripper in a quarry for 7 months .Arm powers upwards ripping granite shale off a rock face .

Sleughing meant using a foot brake to stop .They say one machine is very much like another in the 360 bracket but that motherfucker made me see the light and get back on the tools .Still drive 360 now but never again a rock ripper.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

At the moment we get overtime after 8 hours and travel to work contributes towards that. 

They are changing it so we only get overtime after 9 hours and that has to be on site for 9, travel to work will no longer contribute towards that. 

I'm only getting a 90p per hour pay rise so with the loss of quarterly bonus that can be between £500-700 a quarter  I think we are net down. 

They have stopped the £50 for been on call over the weekend and overtime but still expect me to do callouts,then when you work that out depends where I travel to sometimes it’s less than min wage.So I told them not to give me any callouts 

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I worked on a 50 tonne rock ripper in a quarry for 7 months .Arm powers upwards ripping granite shale off a rock face .

Sleughing meant using a foot brake to stop .They say one machine is very much like another in the 360 bracket but that motherfucker made me see the light and get back on the tools .Still drive 360 now but never again a rock ripper.

The old slew brake on her FD I bet deep down you loved it lol.

45 minutes ago, king said:

Every man and his dog got a 360 ticket theses days, hand then out like P. P. E... 95% are f***ing shit... And their basic groundworking skills even worse ?

Seems every cnuts a bricky these days too.. Scruffy cnuts got no clue on housekeeping ?standards have fallen big time last 10 yrs... Only able to do a straight line... You have to set the footings out for them and do the band course... Even then they struggle to keep it in gauge?most belong on the f***ing X Factor... Useless cnuts?

• Haha 8