Any body into Heraldry

15 minutes ago, sid g said:

i`ve had a look and cant get very far with it 

Thanks Mate it's okay will keep me busy on them wet days Lol.

I've a hunch that that bottom right quarter is Blount and Ayala. The two wolfs of Ayala and if you look under the wolfs there are what looks like ripple or waves which could be Blount's coat of arms.

Unknown.png.be079bfc2ca752bc60a9b7dcb4caab5a.png

Unknown-1.png.efde1a77c55adaded5589bf0dee4480f.png

Cheers Arry

@TOMO As I remember it - just from a swift google, earlier - there seems to be Your clan ~ the Isle of Skye branch. That's their basic tartan, above.

Then, there's a branch from somewhere else I've now forgotten. Harris? I think they too have a tartan.

Then - I think I read this right, at a glance? There's the over all, MacLeod Clan tartan which, yes, happens to that rather unfortunate yellow.

But, that should mean you're entitled (As entitled as GG Grandsons, or what ever you may be, are?) to claim the yellow, as a MacLeod. But, more particularly, with your known lineage, you get a direct claim to the more 'traditional' one I showed above.

What I'm actually saying is: Buy a fukking skirt. Work the doors in it. Video, please!!! ? ? ?

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Get the ancestry dna test done TOMO ?

Takes away all the guessing and any romantic family stories 

Gives your ethenticity percentages that are YOU so to speak ?

You could have 2 identical twins

Their DNA ethenticity percentages could be slightly different from one another depending which ancestors they pulled their dna from

ie one could be 42% Scottish the other 48%
with one 22% English 

the other 28%

and both could be 30% Irish ect 

?

my mum and a cussin...did a family tree thing a few year ago....another of my mums grandads was dutch....vanloom the family name....and my grandad my mums dad was from lancashire somewhere....all going to tynside to work in the shipyards ....aparantly the macleod one walked from sky to newcastle...

as for the the dna test thing......honestly mate im not that intrested...i couldnt care less what my ansestry is...for me at least the people them selfs are more intresting ...rather than there genetic make up......and in anycase with my wife being a mix of english african and carabean my resulting ofspring are right mix...i actualy think the wifes ancestry would be more intresting...i would like to know if the carribean side of her has any native american indian in there...as there was a population of them in the islands ...also her white grandmother looked just like an old romany woman...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

You could have 2 identical twins

Their DNA ethenticity percentages could be slightly different from one another depending which ancestors they pulled their dna from

ie one could be 42% Scottish the other 48%
with one 22% English 

the other 28%

and both could be 30% Irish ect 

?

no you cant you numbskull ! 

39 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Siblings and even siblings as close as twins CAN have different percentages of the same ethenticity.

They would have the same mix be it English - Dutch - Japanese for instance but one might have slightly more Japanese dna than the other but less Dutch for instance .

It's not the same with identical twins Lee, that's just the most basic genetics from school

It is true that identical twins share their DNA code with each other. This is because identical twins were formed from the exact same sperm and egg from their father and mother. (In contrast, fraternal twins are formed from two different sperm and two different eggs.) Usually, the egg and sperm come together and create an embryo, which eventually grows into a human baby. However, in the case of identical twins, early in development, this embryo divides into two. This creates two babies rather than one.