18650 3.7V batteries

Help me out guys, I have several lamps that take these batteries and historically found them easily and cheaply on Ebay etc.

It now seems they all come with chargers and Im struggling to find a bundle with maybe 4-6-8 or even 10 batteries by themselves.

Any idea whats going on or where I can simply buy a few new battieries?

Cheers

Edited by Deker

35 minutes ago, Deker said:

Help me out guys, I have several lamps that take these batteries and historically found them easily and cheaply on Ebay etc.

It now seems they all come with chargers and Im struggling to find a bundle with maybe 4-6-8 or even 10 batteries by themselves.

Any idea whats going on or where I can simply buy a few new battieries?

Cheers

Vape shop mate, it's the same batteries or fenkx do em but they ain't cheap 

Thanks guys, I used to get 4 of the cheap ebay batteries for about £4.00, the last I got cost about £5.50 for 4.

I know they weren't very good but I was happy to buy at that price a simply throw away afer a few charges.  I simply can't find anything like that anymore and all the cheap ones seem to come with a charger which I don't need (I have several chargers)

:thumbs:

I had a 9ah drill battery that stopped charging, so took it apart and found 15 x Samsung 18650s inside 2 of the cells wouldn't charge the rest all good. I have soldered some together and use them in my cheap chink lamp and carry a spare now,plus I use them in vaping devices and torches.

So if you have a dodgy lithium power tool battery don't launch it ?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I had a 9ah drill battery that stopped charging, so took it apart and found 15 x Samsung 18650s inside 2 of the cells wouldn't charge the rest all good. I have soldered some together and use them in my cheap chink lamp and carry a spare now,plus I use them in vaping devices and torches.

So if you have a dodgy lithium power tool battery don't launch it ?

Everything  runs on these cells  from torches to cars,  just be careful if you do tear anything down, if you short these batteries out they can go off like a rocket ? 

3 hours ago, kanny said:

Everything  runs on these cells  from torches to cars,  just be careful if you do tear anything down, if you short these batteries out they can go off like a rocket ? 

Yeah I was a bit twitchy soldering 2 in series together ?

• Like 1