Seagull Nuisance

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2021 at 13:31, pontypool said:

Need something to scare the seagulls off my roof. Possibly a water gun or spud gun and where i can buy them  . Any sensible advice would be greatly appreciated.

the gulls are pitching on a tiled roof and nesting near the chimney. I have tried netting and wire but this had no effect

2 hours ago, pontypool said:

the gulls are pitching on a tiled roof and nesting near the chimney. I have tried netting and wire but this had no effect

Cant you get up on there and get rid of the nest ? Not sure if you would need to check the GL to see if legal to do as i am unsure.

Pain in the arse seagulls are, we had some on our roof at work and they kept swooping down on people coming in and out of work.

Atb

Mart

14 hours ago, pontypool said:

If they might be spreading disease apply for an individual license to kill gulls and destroy their nests. It could be the only practical way to stop the problem as you have tried non lethal methods with no effect. Take photos to back up your application, if successful you could then legally shoot the offending birds with an airgun. This might be the only real solution?

• Like 2

You gotta watch out for them. 

I was told by a cornish chip shop owner that gulls coming close to their food had caused cases of Salmonella that they had been nearly shut down for, when actually it was the gulls hanging around trying to pinch food and their customers sitting and touching walls and ground where the gulls had been. 

Bloody awful pests IMHO. 

• Like 1

Pretty manky story lol when I was a kid I was with my uncle eating an ice cream, a gull crapped and it went down his t shirt. He wiped it off with his finger and sucked it off ? he thought it was off his ice cream ? 

My workmate was on holiday at Scarborough his son shone a lazer pen on the roof of a nearby hotel in the dark and they went nuts. Hence the lazer pen idea ?