Just now, Greb147 said:

But to study us they would have to be  advanced enough to have discovered us thus will have already studied us which removes the need to visit us. ?

I don't follow. We've known many species exist for a long time but we are still learning much about them. Same goes for anything really. We discovered the sun millennia ago and yet we still have much to study.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i do try... my Irish brother in law thought it was the Irish airline ...lol... Air lingus for those that cant remember

i recon there is a few fkn allians on here  , they all seem to talk aload of bollox   

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Got to disagree gents. IF there was such a thing as infinity then by definition it would happen. But I do not accept that anything is infinite, it's mathematical nonsense.

Not if the laws of entropy and thermodynamics applied.

The typewriters would eventually fail.

Damn these infinity paradoxes! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just because infinity allows for the possibility, it doesn't mean an infinite number of chimps with an infinite number of typewriters WILL type War and Peace, it just means they COULD !

I love this stuff !?!

Cheers.

Actually, it means they would ??

The very definition of infinite (in a theoretical mathematical sense) is that everything will happen because infinite options means the one we are looking for has and and will happen ?

In a nutshell; there's a Born out there, somewhere, that is thick as pig shit, straight and thinks God is a new McDonalds burger ?‍♂️

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't follow. We've known many species exist for a long time but we are still learning much about them. Same goes for anything really. We discovered the sun millennia ago and yet we still have much to study.

I'm just fecking about. 

My point is half serious though, just imagine how advanced they would be if they had the capability to reach us. 

We can't even begin to fathom how their mindsets would work.  

Going by what happens on earth, conflict would be rife in alien civilisations. 

The Terminator is likely a true story throughout the universe. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Got to disagree gents. IF there was such a thing as infinity then by definition it would happen. But I do not accept that anything is infinite, it's mathematical nonsense.

Go fuuck yourself petri-jockey and ?

Just now, chartpolski said:

Not if the laws of entropy and thermodynamics applied.

The typewriters would eventually fail.

Damn these infinity paradoxes! ? !

Cheers.

Well yes absolutely but then you don't have infinity anymore. You are left with a function which tends to infinity by is bounded by a finite value. That's why I hate infinities. IMO they're interpreted wrong most of the time. To apply infinity to the physical world is so abstract it make quantum physics look f***ing normal! LOL

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm just fecking about. 

My point is half serious though, just imagine how advanced they would be if they had the capability to reach us. 

We can't even begin to fathom how their mindsets would work.  

Going by what happens on earth, conflict would be rife in alien civilisations. 

The Terminator is likely a true story throughout the universe. 

I think competition and natural selection is as universal in biology as the speed of light is in physics.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well yes absolutely but then you don't have infinity anymore. You are left with a function which tends to infinity by is bounded by a finite value. That's why I hate infinities. IMO they're interpreted wrong most of the time. To apply infinity to the physical world is so abstract it make quantum physics look f***ing normal! LOL

Don't confuse them mate ?

And we both know if the space of the universe is infinite then applying infinite means everything is happening, happened and gonna happen ?

Just now, chartpolski said:

To quote the old paradox: "If the universe is infinite....what is it expanding into ? "

Cheers.

Exactly! As mentioned, we are limited by our understanding of what we have observed, what we have theorised and what actually is ;)

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

What's the thoughts on the "Big Crunch" ? 

Isnt It about gravity being a measurable constant, and when the universal expansion reaches a certain point it will start contracting ?

This, if correct, would debunk any infinity suggestion.

Cheers.

Have you read about the the enigma of stars supposedly being older than the Big Bang? 

Edited by Greb147
10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The whole theory of the Big Bang scoffs at infinity. 

? I don't know why, but when I read that I started laughing and thinking of the great Monty Pythons Holy Grail;

" I wave my private parts at your auntie ",

"I blow my nose in your general direction",

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries "

" I scoff at your infinity " ????

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 3