well ive gone n done it

Lost my dear wife september 2019,  breast cancer, more often than not i get a bag shoved through my door, like today, breast cancer research aid, wanting clothes, but i just couldnt do it, but every time i go into my wardrobe for a clean shirt or summat shes there , i can even after all this time smell her, but today ive gone n done it, ive filled several bags of clothes been in touch with the collection people and they will pick up the clothes Friday, but im a funny old fecker i feel like im chucking her out ,   this isnt a cry for sympathy or to seek attention, that gets no one anywhere 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Lost my dear wife september 2019,  breast cancer, more often than not i get a bag shoved through my door, like today, breast cancer research aid, wanting clothes, but i just couldnt do it, but every time i go into my wardrobe for a clean shirt or summat shes there , i can even after all this time smell her, but today ive gone n done it, ive filled several bags of clothes been in touch with the collection people and they will pick up the clothes Friday, but im a funny old fecker i feel like im chucking her out ,   this isnt a cry for sympathy or to seek attention, that gets no one anywhere 

I think that's a good move mate. 

Just seen born's reply, totally agree ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I think the fact that you feel the need to state that your post isn't a cry for sympathy is a shame for society.

Talking and sharing is part of healing, I'm glad you are. I think anyone with a shred of heart would understand how big a deal doing what you have just done is and why you might want to share that. It's for the best and will help you move forward. Not move on, just move forward if that makes sense. :thumbs:

Wise words, ??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My wife still has some of her mums clothes, she died 15 years ago. I have somethings of my parents things who died ten years ago but my niece had to clear out their house - I couldn't do it. You are who you are - nothings right and nothing is wrong. You knew her best and quietly her approach will be making sure you carry on.

Best of luck whatever you do will be right for you. 

• Like 3