What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kanny said:

So you don't have cheese burgers with cheese you could vinyl wrap a car with? ...KFC is a lesser of evils option .

....wait are you saying y'all consider....cheese burgers.... BBQ?......ummm if that's the case then ...yeah I don't have words 

24 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

....wait are you saying y'all consider....cheese burgers.... BBQ?......ummm if that's the case then ...yeah I don't have words 

If they are cooked on a BBQ, flame grilled  , yes!.   🤷‍♂️ what else would you call it? ....after biscuits and gravy, don't answer that.

1SWx.gif

10 minutes ago, kanny said:

If they are cooked on a BBQ, flame grilled  , yes!.   🤷‍♂️ what else would you call it? ....after biscuits and gravy, don't answer that.

1SWx.gif

......that's not a BBQ that's a grill....Sweet Christ this man thinks grilling something abd Actually BBQ are the same thing 🤦🤦

24 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

......that's not a BBQ that's a grill....Sweet Christ this man thinks grilling something abd Actually BBQ are the same thing 🤦🤦

Ffs, its a BBQ Grill 🔥🤷‍♂️

Just now, Wolfdog91 said:

Spoken like a man who doesn't know what real BBQ is 🤦

If you want to be pedantic, now you know what real BBQ  is 🤠

Screenshot_20240304_232448_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

If you want to be pedantic, now you know what real BBQ  is 🤠

Screenshot_20240304_232448_Chrome.jpg

Yeah barbacoa is also different from American BBQ that more of a Mexican thing but still sare the fact it's low and slow over coals not mf grilling over a flame 🤦

20 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Yeah barbacoa is also different from American BBQ that more of a Mexican thing but still sare the fact it's low and slow over coals not mf grilling over a flame 🤦

I tend to smoke my Burgers for a while then sear them on the flame, is that  BBQ or Grillin? 🤷‍♂️...Aussies throw a shrimp on the barbie,  are they wrong? 🤠

11 minutes ago, kanny said:

I tend to smoke my Burgers for a while then sear them on the flame, is that  BBQ or Grillin? 🤷‍♂️...Aussies throw a shrimp on the barbie,  are they wrong? 🤠

All that's grilling

-BQ is a ranch brand that started in California...and was known for superior corn fed beef..which they seared on open coals....

another well known brand mark is 7UP......(the 7UP  ranch in florida near Okeechobee which later invested their money in the drinks industry............the 7UP ranch is still active but the owner lives in Hawai now.

9 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

What do you bbq over?

Coals, wood?

I agree bbq over a gas grill is not a bbq, but surely cooking over any natural flame, either wood or coals is bbq...

I Mena

50 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

What do you bbq over?

Coals, wood?

I agree bbq over a gas grill is not a bbq, but surely cooking over any natural flame, either wood or coals is bbq...

Wood, but here the deal NO DIRECT FLAME.

Also if it takes less then a few hours to cook something it's not BBQ, at least noting any serious BBQ person here would take semi serious. Real BBQ like legit stuff is low and slow in direct flame over wood and SURE AS f**k not in some $50 UFO looking grill

Also could be argued that true smoking it's self is it's own thing. 

I mean this stuff is like saying throwing some tuna in with some rice is the same as legit risotto.... Like yeah both are rice with fish but  🤦  

Or a scone and an American biscuit. Yeah their both a type of quick bread but a scone is sweet and savory like a dessert and an American biscuit is more salty or savory or buttery. And you can't really just swap the two out because they won't work. It why so many people who have tried actual whatever get twerked off with how terrible something is because they made a shitty ignorant swap.