What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Looks bloody hansom mate.

Cheers Arry

It was really good that's thing over here the food is really good that was a little expensive being from a beach bar but suppose don't mind stretching to about £2.50 as on holiday after all 🤣🤣. We met our friends for a nite so 6 of us all had starters meal drinks etc and for 6 of us bet it was around £50 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

It was really good that's thing over here the food is really good that was a little expensive being from a beach bar but suppose don't mind stretching to about £2.50 as on holiday after all 🤣🤣. We met our friends for a nite so 6 of us all had starters meal drinks etc and for 6 of us bet it was around £50 

Where abouts are you mate ?

3 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I'm just in hua hin at min got another couple of days here then off all over always like to start in hua hin lovely little place as suits like the steadier pace 

20231207_052635.jpg

Wish I was there at the minute,it’s -10 and snowing again here.You going fishing?

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

Jalfrezi in the casserole dish with an egg......boiled eggs in curry in some regions of India are very popular

put fresh chili's in and a chicken stock cube.......

it didnt hang around long

P1000973tf.jpg

P1000974tf.jpg

P1000975tf.jpg

Will you marry me?I had boiled eggs in curry,had these yesterday itlog na maalat (salted eggs).

FA776D42-2E2E-4CF6-A511-C2BDA73FB74F.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Will you marry me?I had boiled eggs in curry,had these yesterday itlog na maalat (salted eggs).

FA776D42-2E2E-4CF6-A511-C2BDA73FB74F.jpeg

never even heard of salted eggs.............what are they like ?...how are they made are they boiled andthen salted or just left in salted water.................i need to know

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

never even heard of salted eggs.............what are they like ?...how are they made are they boiled andthen salted or just left in salted water.................i need to know

Used to eat them all the time in Hong Kong salted duck eggs made by submerging them in brine for a month.

34 minutes ago, mackem said:

Wish I was there at the minute,it’s -10 and snowing again here.You going fishing?

I'm [BANNED TEXT] for -10 pal 🤣. Its red hot here at min. I've had to cancel the fishing and diving for now but hoping to get a few days fishing towards end of holiday if I can but if not just make up for it next year.we planned this trip for the snorkeling and diving round the islands which can't do but we'll get out out seeing as much as we can then come back and do all that next time but we was thinking of tryin to do michu picchu next year just depending if cud get pass for inca trail in time if not well prob sort  that for year after and come back here to do the snorkeling and diving.did you manage to get motor sorted?

17 minutes ago, mackem said:

Used to eat them all the time in Hong Kong salted duck eggs made by submerging them in brine for a month.

Those Asians do strange things to eggs!

”100 year old “ eggs, those half formed embryos in the shell, etc.

But then again the mere sight of a jar of pickled eggs on a bar here in the UK is enough to make me gag !

Cheers.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

did you manage to get motor sorted?

Yes mate,thanks,enjoy the rest of your holiday.

13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Those Asians do strange things to eggs!

those half formed embryos in the shell

Balut 21 day duck embryo boiled eggs.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mackem said:

Yes mate,thanks,enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Balut 21 day duck embryo boiled eggs.

My duck eggs hatch at 28-30 days !

I remember a Filipino telling me how to eat balut; crush the head on the roof of your mouth with your tongue…..delicious !!!!

D1C81345-D9C4-4D71-90A1-1E810A3E8E35.jpeg.3e4f64b1b5945b78fcf131c5d1a1ad32.jpeg

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1