McDecker... ?

8 years ago no one knew who Conor McGregor was . 

he was big in cage warriors and was all over the face book pages at the time saying he’d be the king of the world all that jazz. 

now he can’t walk down a street in public realistically without being mobbed . I’m not a huge fan but you cannot deny that the man almost single handedly has  driven ufc from the car parks to the huge sport it is . 

To say he’s a cur and a jacker is a bit Rich . Those low kicks are like getting hit in the thigh with a sledge hammer. They tie and slow you up . Ask lads like Francie or rusty terrier on here and see how they manage in the Muay Thai ring with them . 

Mcgregor hit the ufc in a blaze and has flown through it , iconic fights against Aldo , Khabib , even recently against cowboy ( I fancied him to lose that ) have shown that his relentless mental warfare doesn’t always work . 

but to be honest , does he need to fight again ? He’s surpassed the sport already being blunt . He’s one of the defining faces of ufc , far more recognised than the likes of Liddell, wanderlai, Tito , gsp . The mans made his loot and will be on his bike tour like to think . 

he joined ufc in 2013 . In 2021 he’s now in a position few in sport could ever comprehend . 

fair play . 

edited to say that fedor has had covid apparently , I hope the last emperor gets better as he’s easily my favourite fighter of all time . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good he’s a fukcing prick .......

8 years ago no one knew who Conor McGregor was .  he was big in cage warriors and was all over the face book pages at the time saying he’d be the king of the world all that jazz.    now he

He’s still a prick .......

Posted Images

4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

8 years ago no one knew who Conor McGregor was . 

he was big in cage warriors and was all over the face book pages at the time saying he’d be the king of the world all that jazz. 

now he can’t walk down a street in public realistically without being mobbed . I’m not a huge fan but you cannot deny that the man almost single handedly has  driven ufc from the car parks to the huge sport it is . 

To say he’s a cur and a jacker is a bit Rich . Those low kicks are like getting hit in the thigh with a sledge hammer. They tie and slow you up . Ask lads like Francie or rusty terrier on here and see how they manage in the Muay Thai ring with them . 

Mcgregor hit the ufc in a blaze and has flown through it , iconic fights against Aldo , Khabib , even recently against cowboy ( I fancied him to lose that ) have shown that his relentless mental warfare doesn’t always work . 

but to be honest , does he need to fight again ? He’s surpassed the sport already being blunt . He’s one of the defining faces of ufc , far more recognised than the likes of Liddell, wanderlai, Tito , gsp . The mans made his loot and will be on his bike tour like to think . 

he joined ufc in 2013 . In 2021 he’s now in a position few in sport could ever comprehend . 

fair play . 

edited to say that fedor has had covid apparently , I hope the last emperor gets better as he’s easily my favourite fighter of all time . 

It's all relative, for a UFC fighter he crumbles quite easily when he is faced with proper adversity. 

As for the leg kicks, they are nothing new. It's not like the kid had invented the wheel, nasty kicks are part and parcel of being a UFC fighter. 

Those leg kicks were nothing compared to what's been dished out over the years, those of K1 and such make a mockery of the UFC. 

Fighters have taken worse beatings to the legs and pulled out knockouts and victories. 

The OP was a bit of banter, it's clear to anyone that he's made a massive impact on the sport. 

He was a great FW, dominating naturally smaller men, he could be called a weight bully. 

As soon as he moved up weights he became a good fighter and very beatable. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's all relative, for a UFC fighter he crumbles quite easily when he is faced with proper adversity. 

As for the leg kicks, they are nothing new. It's not like the kid had invented the wheel, nasty kicks are part and parcel of being a UFC fighter. 

Those leg kicks were nothing compared to what's been dished out over the years, those of K1 and such make a mockery of the UFC. 

Fighters have taken worse beatings to the legs and pulled out knockouts and victories. 

The OP was a bit of banter, it's clear to anyone that he's made a massive impact on the sport. 

He was a great FW, dominating naturally smaller men, he could be called a weight bully. 

As soon as he moved up weights he became a good fighter and very beatable. 

Exactly.It could be agued that the UFC made him with promotion the same way they made Rhonda Rousey who unlike him decided to retire when she realised she wasnt quite as good as the hype made her out to be.Youre right in thatin that he rose through the ranks bullying smaller fighters starving himself down to 145.Also right about the leg kicks.If you wanna see someone with heart you only have to go back and watch urigha fabar fighting with his leg turned to a mush.

• Like 1

Fair points lads,but hes not like Rhonda,mcgregor has beaten the best opponents to get the two belts,remember he easily beat poirer few years back an now poirer number one.

Aldo former champ took belt of him,reigning champ for over ten years I think.

Chad Mendes,wrestler had full mount landing elbows,mcgregor knocked him then.

Max Holloway former champ

Eddie Alvarezformer chanp took belt of him

I could go on,he beat the best at time no denying it,didn't keep it up,but he did it all the same.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Exactly.It could be agued that the UFC made him with promotion the same way they made Rhonda Rousey who unlike him decided to retire when she realised she wasnt quite as good as the hype made her out to be.Youre right in thatin that he rose through the ranks bullying smaller fighters starving himself down to 145.Also right about the leg kicks.If you wanna see someone with heart you only have to go back and watch urigha fabar fighting with his leg turned to a mush.

Faber was stopped by aldo due to kicks mate.

He's over rated hype... Always has been... Anyone training in martial arts knows leg kicks are coming in a stand up... He never once checked or even lifted his foot of the ground to absorb them... His ground games shit... His ju jitsui is shit.. His attitude stinks.. He has a left hand.. A big mouth... And an Irish following... Take those 3 away he has f**k all... Oh except a pile of millions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2