Another moaning thread here. 

Back on the night shift for a good few months by the looks of things and can't sleep for shit. 

I can recall years ago going to the doctors after another bout of insomnia and tried to get a prescription of diazepam but he was having none of it. 

I ended up on zopliclone but I don't think it was all that great. 

I reckon I could talk my new doctor in to giving me some diazepam by claiming I'm fearful of flying but I should imagine he would only give me a few tablets. 

I've never taken the stuff but heard it knocks you out. 

I've also heard tramadol does the same. 

Are these better than prescribed sleeping tablets or does anyone know of any good shit? 

I work on't railway so smack & weed won't do tbh. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask for the pills Hannibal used to give to Mr T before flying 

Ideally you need more cardio exercise, I'd suggest a bit of pad work...

or of course knock one out before you go to sleep

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Another moaning thread here. 

Back on the night shift for a good few months by the looks of things and can't sleep for shit. 

I can recall years ago going to the doctors after another bout of insomnia and tried to get a prescription of diazepam but he was having none of it. 

I ended up on zopliclone but I don't think it was all that great. 

I reckon I could talk my new doctor in to giving me some diazepam by claiming I'm fearful of flying but I should imagine he would only give me a few tablets. 

I've never taken the stuff but heard it knocks you out. 

I've also heard tramadol does the same. 

Are these better than prescribed sleeping tablets or does anyone know of any good shit? 

I work on't railway so smack & weed won't do tbh. 

I believe as a rail worker you are drug tested so check with work before loading that shit down your neck, diazepam is very addictive, and anything ending with pan will fail you at a roadside drug test which is why I said check with work, I’ve suffered with sleep for years but find it better to get up than lay in bed doing your own head in, I go downstairs have a mug of hot milk and honey unwind for 20 mins and start again though I also have the ability to have a joint when it’s really bad but as a railwayman I doubt you do ??

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I believe as a rail worker you are drug tested so check with work before loading that shit down your neck, diazepam is very addictive, and anything ending with pan will fail you at a roadside drug test which is why I said check with work, I’ve suffered with sleep for years but find it better to get up than lay in bed doing your own head in, I go downstairs have a mug of hot milk and honey unwind for 20 mins and start again though I also have the ability to have a joint when it’s really bad but as a railwayman I doubt you do ??

Cheers mate, yeah I know the implications with working on the railway so would need to clarify what I can take and when. 

I can put him with the lack of sleep doing Saturday nights but days and days of no kip is fcuking me up. ?

3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I found getting to sleep asap after shift occasionally had to skip a sleep to get tired enough, no caffeine last 4 hours of shift, nice dark room . Maybe try off the shelf sleeping pills can get herbal ones, I worked nights in 3 month stints and never really got used to it, was just sleep /work , some lads would be up at 11am doing normal stuff until a shift at 6/7 pm . But if I stayed up after shift for a few hours I struggled to get to sleep.

Tbh it's not getting to sleep that's the problem, I'm dropping off quicker than usual after my shift but I'm wide awake 2-3 hours later. 

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Greb just do some graft while at work so your tired lol

Remember ‘ drugs are bad ?

I'm walking over 5 mile a night so that should do. 

Whether I'm grafting or not doesn't affect my sleep pattern.

I'm thinking drugs are better than no kip. 

10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Are you eating immediately before sleep then? If so I'd have a snack before bed low fat, no alcohol. Try and have a big feed halfway on shift and when you wake?

Not eating mate. Get home, empty the dog then straight in bed. 

Food doesn't alter things really for me anyway pal. ?

19 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Eat copious amounts of roast dinner until your increase in weight suffocates you into submission and consequent comatose kip

I had two fcuk off dinners on Chrimbo day, I'm impervious to that tried method.