• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I may suggest some modifications to improve your pressure. The base brass nut unscrew it and seal it with ptfe tape . Ditto the air pipe and bleed screw fittings ,had to do this with a 30 quid

Hi shaaark no he is a lurcher, I do have a whippet too tho (old and totally blind now) He thaught he was getting a treat when I braught something in from the garage lol.

I have used this one a lot it was around £30 - I just fitted a better hose that I had lying about. It has been a fantastic trouble free pump. I'll put a pic up if it helps you to choose one. 

Posted Images

On 05/02/2021 at 18:00, tomburras said:

Glad you got one dervburner! What a bargain. 

Hmm, not so sure, I think I might have got a bad ‘un ?. It won’t pump above about 500 psi, the non return valve doesn’t seem to be non returning. I’ve changed the spring and o ring, cleaned everything up and it’s still the same. Every downwards pump it just bounces back up again if there’s any resistance. I’ve had enough messing about with it now, asked for a replacement and we’ll see what happens? Jury’s out atm.

14 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Hmm, not so sure, I think I might have got a bad ‘un ?. It won’t pump above about 500 psi, the non return valve doesn’t seem to be non returning. I’ve changed the spring and o ring, cleaned everything up and it’s still the same. Every downwards pump it just bounces back up again if there’s any resistance. I’ve had enough messing about with it now, asked for a replacement and we’ll see what happens? Jury’s out atm.

Aww bugger - Sounds like you have a dodgy one!

• Sad 1

just got a hills mk5 one myself as you said problems with refills etc.a bit more expensive at £165 but got it from best fittings as they were cheaper than amazon.free postage too.their service was very good and only took less than 2 days to deliver.no problems with this one and have filled the hw100 up to 200 bar.does take a fair bit of effort to get above 150bar but not too difficult.

• Like 1
On 07/02/2021 at 15:28, tomburras said:

Aww bugger - Sounds like you have a dodgy one!

Well I’ve just received a full refund and can keep the pump. I’m thinking that I might as well strip it down completely to see if I can find the problem. The thing is, it pushes air through the open end of the whip, but when the whip is connected or stoppered I get rebound as if the air is coming back up into the ram. I’ve changed the spring and seal in the non return valve, but it’s made no difference so I’m a bit baffled.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2021 at 16:31, Dervburner said:

Well I’ve just received a full refund and can keep the pump. I’m thinking that I might as well strip it down completely to see if I can find the problem. The thing is, it pushes air through the open end of the whip, but when the whip is connected or stoppered I get rebound as if the air is coming back up into the ram. I’ve changed the spring and seal in the non return valve, but it’s made no difference so I’m a bit baffled.

Hi dervburner! Have you had any more luck with this yet? Iv just ordered this to try less than a fiver!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greensen-High-Pressure-Stainless-Automobiles-Motorcycles/dp/B08GZ88L86/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=rand%3A+Greensen+4.0+out+of+5+stars+1Reviews+Greensen+High-Pressure+Tire+Inflator+Hand+Pump%2C+3-Stage+Air+Gun+Rifle+Pump&qid=1614891250&sr=8-2

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tomburras said:

I think the whip might be a bit big in bore size. I need a 1/8 bsp adapter so I can try my other whip. ?

Iv put it together and pumped it up. It just needed a tighten as the guage, hose etc was a bit loose. It came with a bag of spares. I pumped it up and its held its pressure for 20 mins so far not a movement on the guage. Im made up with it, I can't understand how they do it for the money!

20210306_140947.jpg

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Looks good. I can’t get mine up to that pressure. Don’t know what’s wrong with it but I got a refund and still have the pump. I might invest in one of these. Have you pumped a rifle up with it Tom ?

Hi no not yet I don't have a pcp at the moment but I am getting one very soon ready to get out when lockdown ends.

• Like 1