Whilst I haven’t considered one before, due to the current situation regarding lockdown it doesn’t look like my 12ltr bottle will be getting tested and refilled anytime soon. Are these moderately priced (£40 ish) pumps for sale on line any good, or are they likely to leak or fall apart quickly? I’m not afraid of putting a bit of effort in, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of them? Thanks for any replies ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I may suggest some modifications to improve your pressure. The base brass nut unscrew it and seal it with ptfe tape . Ditto the air pipe and bleed screw fittings ,had to do this with a 30 quid

Hi shaaark no he is a lurcher, I do have a whippet too tho (old and totally blind now) He thaught he was getting a treat when I braught something in from the garage lol.

I have used this one a lot it was around £30 - I just fitted a better hose that I had lying about. It has been a fantastic trouble free pump. I'll put a pic up if it helps you to choose one. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Whilst I haven’t considered one before, due to the current situation regarding lockdown it doesn’t look like my 12ltr bottle will be getting tested and refilled anytime soon. Are these moderately priced (£40 ish) pumps for sale on line any good, or are they likely to leak or fall apart quickly? I’m not afraid of putting a bit of effort in, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of them? Thanks for any replies ?

I have used this one a lot it was around £30 - I just fitted a better hose that I had lying about. It has been a fantastic trouble free pump. I'll put a pic up if it helps you to choose one. 

20210107_173824.jpg

20210107_173850.jpg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, tomburras said:

20210107_173824.jpg

20210107_173850.jpg

Yes please, thanks Tom?

• Like 1

This is nearest like it I can find at a cheap price and its in the UK too.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174563706935

I stopped using the bottle and just used this pump and after a lot of filling up my falcon FN with it when I re sealed the gun there was no moisture inside it.

I remember,  thinking about it - I also needed some kind of thread adapter to fit my quickfill to the supplied hose it only cost a couple of pounds. Or just use the hose off your bottle and screw it to the pump like I did.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tomburras said:

This is nearest like it I can find at a cheap price and its in the UK too.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174563706935

I stopped using the bottle and just used this pump and after a lot of filling up my falcon FN with it when I re sealed the gun there was no moisture inside it.

I remember,  thinking about it - I also needed some kind of thread adapter to fit my quickfill to the supplied hose it only cost a couple of pounds. Or just use the hose off your bottle and screw it to the pump like I did.

I was wondering about moisture, but maybe it isn’t the problem that I thought it might be. Thanks for your help Tom?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, tomburras said:

20210107_173824.jpg

20210107_173850.jpg

Is that a whippet I see, loitering with intent? Lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tomburras said:

Hi shaaark no he is a lurcher, I do have a whippet too tho (old and totally blind now) He thaught he was getting a treat when I braught something in from the garage lol.

Aah, it's a shame they've got to get old mate. I love the little beggars lol. Only this saturday my eldest lad picked up a new whippet pup. ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Aah, it's a shame they've got to get old mate. I love the little beggars lol. Only this saturday my eldest lad picked up a new whippet pup. ?

Thats great to hear,  good times ahead - the best friends you can ever get. I can't go anywhere in the house/garden without mine following me. I don't mind I love them a lot! Best friends we can ever have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Thats great to hear,  good times ahead - the best friends you can ever get. I can't go anywhere in the house/garden without mine following me. I don't mind I love them a lot! Best friends we can ever have. 

My exact thoughs mate lol. Can't beat a nice whippet ?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/01/2021 at 15:58, Dervburner said:

Did you get one mate?

On 02/02/2021 at 20:03, BenBhoy said:

Did you get one mate?

Arrived today Ben, all £17:29’s worth, free postage, just put handle, gauge and whip on. I’ll have a go at topping my hw100 up to 200 bar first. If that goes ok, I’ll try topping the impact up to 250 bar?. That should test it...........and me?

D660A0D9-53CF-488B-BEFE-BF8C9169A3F8.jpeg

1A34BF00-8ACA-4846-899F-E046E8E3B5F2.jpeg

5195696B-79AC-4EEF-BB2B-C13E9084775B.jpeg

ADEA0D4A-ECFA-4CAD-8E59-9215ED15EC7E.jpeg

• Like 2