OYSTERS

16 hours ago, fenman1# said:

I worked on a oyster farm in southern Ireland what c**t of a job ? waist high in water shaking oyster bags in storms and all sorts.. Hands down one of the hardest jobs I ever done. If the wind blew the bag in the air the crill would cut the face off ya then the salt water would burn the cheeks off ya for the rest of the day ?

Paradise

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scallops are a better fish to eat.  Gently fried in butter, non garlic for me, I want to taste the fish  Atb j 

I only get to have them 2/3 times a year  unless we go to France  then i have them every day , i can do 3 Dozen with no effort but to some  of the Market traders at Brum put that lot away as a starter

Spent a couple of winters Scalloping on my pals boat out of Rye harbour on the East Sussex coast.We would get a fresh uncut loaf from a bakery on the way every mornig and cook the scallops fresh as we

Posted Images

We go to Cancale in France once a year the whole place is one vast Oyster Farm a nd the sea front is yust fish Restaurants which are very cheap and Good , the Seafood platters  are around  £60 and Fabulous

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

Anyone eat limptis, barnacles, lovely in a soup, as well as razor clams, tastes like squid.

Atb j 

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Bang on.Crab claws are much better value and taste just as nice if not better.

Absolutely taste better.... but they ain't cheaper than lobster here ?

19 minutes ago, jetro said:

I think is 30 Euro a kg here, to buy live lobster in the super market, 

Atb j

Depends where you buy from but it's cheaper than that I think. Crab claws sell for a lot more and Spider crab legs double that ;)

Just now, mushroom said:

Depends where you buy from but it's cheaper than that I think. Crab claws sell for a lot more and Spider crab legs double that ;)

Spain is our biggest buyer, 

For the time being anyway LOL 

Atb j 

• Haha 1
Just now, jetro said:

Spain is our biggest buyer, 

For the time being anyway LOL 

Atb j 

I know.... I check the origin tickets (legal requirement when displaying fish and shellfish) ?

Best oysters I've had here were Atlantic coast Irish ;) Massive meaty fuuckers ?

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I know.... I check the origin tickets (legal requirement when displaying fish and shellfish) ?

Best oysters I've had here were Atlantic coast Irish ;) Massive meaty fuuckers ?

Huge oyster beds just a mile over the road from me, plus scallop beds.

Atb j 

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, jetro said:

Huge oyster beds just a mile over the road from me, plus scallop beds.

Atb j 

That's the one thing I struggle to find here. Fresh, still alive and never been frozen scallops ?

I've looked everywhere here in BCN, all stalls/shops admit they've been previously frozen and they're never in the whole shell, just the split half.

The Mrs has tasked me with finding huge, meaty, fresh scallops for Christmas lunch.... I'm fuucked ?

Edited by mushroom
9 minutes ago, big sid said:

never seen live lobster in our supermarkets, are we not allowed or am i not looking in the right places

I wouldn't know about  sid 

Over here there in the super value super markets 

Atb j