Autistic kids

1 thing I will say to you all though.your kids are younger than mine.my oldest is 19 youngest 14.

The amount of times I lied on the pillow in bed worrying about when they are older.thinking this and that. The worst worrying in my life.

But that eased off a few years ago now.

I know you all worry about the kids when they are older..but try not to worry everything will be ok in the end ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Animals are a gift for my lad mate, it relaxes him and he just likes being with them.  

One thing to remember is that autism is a huge spectrum disorder.  It hugely effects people in different ways , My little girl was diagnosed with an ASD and i wasnt happy about it. I thought they

I have a lad 13 and girl 9 with autism.Can identify with a lot of things in this thread.A lot of the time it’s a bloody struggle but they are your kids and you do all can to help them cope with their

Posted Images

1 minute ago, king said:

1 thing I will say to you all though.your kids are younger than mine.my oldest is 19 youngest 14.

The amount of times I lied on the pillow in bed worrying about when they are older.thinking this and that. The worst worrying in my life.

I know you all worry about the kids when they are older..but try not to worry everything will be ok in the end ?

Only lads who have the experience of autistic kids will understand how much it means to hear that mate ?

Thank you 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

My little lad had an incident with a teacher when he first started school, as you know lads temper can be an issue.

They wanted him to colour in a clown, so he says “I don’t like clowns”

Now the inexperienced teacher tried to force him and he just coloured the whole thing black so he “couldn’t see it” as he said.

She told him off and he went and sat under a table.

The next bit was the mistake, she pulled him out by force and he went nuts, he was only 5 and he must have been terrified.

Two teachers physically removed him from the room  and he was lashing out to get away and they put him in an office !! 
He must have been so scared.

They phoned me and I went and got him.

That one incident ruined school for him, he could not cope after that and that why we took him out and educate him at home.

I don’t hold it against people, they just don’t get that kids on the spectrum just see the world different and us “normal” people find that a hard thing to fathom.

We wouldn’t even consider it if we had never come across it.

That's it they ain't trained for it and don't know how to work around the situation at all mate.

My lad booted a teacher in the shin at about 8yr old.the headmaster was a right horrible fecker.he was stoped from interacting with my son after that.cams put a stop to immediately..

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Only lads who have the experience of autistic kids will understand how much it means to hear that mate ?

Thank you 

It's horrible mate. I'm not scared of any man or anything.but when I was on the pillow many a tear in the eye mate.and I'm not scared to admit it either.

But just relax it will be ok ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

I will be honest I was am the black sheep of the family not one of mine bother with Tom  because he's austitc and has been outspoken with them but I'm not bothered he knows who has his back but I don't know about you lads but isn't it funny how quick some are to dismiss a kid who's different and then gets labelled a bad one because they don't understand autism 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

It's horrible mate. I'm not scared of any man or anything.but when I was on the pillow many a tear in the eye mate.and I'm not scared to admit it either.

But just relax it will be ok ?

With you there king I have spent many a hour worrying 

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I will be honest I was am the black sheep of the family not one of mine bother with Tom  because he's austitc and has been outspoken with them but I'm not bothered he knows who has his back but I don't know about you lads but isn't it funny how quick some are to dismiss a kid who's different and then gets labelled a bad one because they don't understand autism 

I'm a little bit like young tom mate.ive allways told my family straight.zero beating around the bush.and as a result I don't talk to a single 1 of them mother.sisters.auntys.uncles.cousins.

It's easier just the wife the lads and me.peacfull in a way..

Look at the positive mate.you and the missus got tom all to yourself.win win I say ?

And to be blunt feck the lot of them mate..

• Like 1

My niece has Down’s syndrome, she is a ripe old old age for a Down’s syndrome person being nearly 50.

My brother took that girl everywhere with him all her life, always just treated her pretty normal......where he was, she was.

I think she was as well known round South London as anyone ! Lol

She still lives at home and it has been difficult at times but she has a job at the centre and does her bits and bobs at home.

8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

With you there king I have spent many a hour worrying 

It must be an inbuilt thing worrying mate I don't know.the lad will be sound with a few years under his belt though ? 

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

My niece has Down’s syndrome, she is a ripe old old age for a Down’s syndrome person being nearly 50.

My brother took that girl everywhere with him all her life, always just treated her pretty normal......where he was, she was.

I think she was as well known round South London as anyone ! Lol

She still lives at home and it has been difficult at times but she has a job at the centre and does her bits and bobs at home.

She's doing fine mate by the sound of it.independance and routine and keep themselves busy..

Just now, king said:

She's doing fine mate by the sound of it.independance and routine and keep themselves busy..

She is spot on mate, obviously I grew up with her as we are nearly the same age.

Her brother (my nephew) is the same age as me and lives across the road From his dad with his family so it’s a comfort for my Brother that he is there.

My Brother is in his 70s and his health isn’t great so it must be a worry for him.