Fog mist and more fog

Don’t know about you lot , but the weather in the Midlands has been a right pain in the ass 

went crow bashing on Thursday, got set up just after day break, 1/2 hour latter I couldn’t see 20 yards in front of me , packed and can home 

out tonight on the foxes ,, joke got there no sign of fog or mist had me self a coffee and fag 10 minutes later I couldn’t see the track I was on , back home , in bed know with the wife at the side of me snoring ? I need to get a life 

I really must pay more attention to the weather app 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Don’t know about you lot , but the weather in the Midlands has been a right pain in the ass 

went crow bashing on Thursday, got set up just after day break, 1/2 hour latter I couldn’t see 20 yards in front of me , packed and can home 

out tonight on the foxes ,, joke got there no sign of fog or mist had me self a coffee and fag 10 minutes later I couldn’t see the track I was on , back home , in bed know with the wife at the side of me snoring ? I need to get a life 

I really must pay more attention to the weather app 

same last night

got there set zero was going to put another two shots in the target

Where has the target gone lol

sat for two hours to see if it would lift

naaaaaaaaa packed up and came home

O and i did check the weather app

IT WAS WRONG

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 3

Same mate last night out after Charlie. Started off alright but half hour in and was thick enough. Stuck at it another hour but couldn't see much beyond 30yds home for half ten! Needed fog lights driving home & forecast app still saying cloudy & dry! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weather reports are written by chucking chicken bones in the air and seeing how they land .Then reading entrails of said chicken whilst howling at the moon on 1 leg.

Least they might as well be ,there as accurate as a blind man with a bag on his head 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Weather reports are written by chucking chicken bones in the air and seeing how they land .Then reading entrails of said chicken whilst howling at the moon on 1 leg.

Least they might as well be ,there as accurate as a blind man with a bag on his head 

I think that method would improve  the forecast over what we get!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I agree that long range forecasts are not that accurate . I’ve got a dark sky app and the met office app . You get a fairly accurate forecast of the next few hours . But useless for fog and mist. . 

Perhaps when its foggy they cant see out the window to give a good guess!

• Haha 4
On 29/11/2020 at 23:10, FOXHUNTER said:

I constantly check the weather forecast,  dont go out without checking as saves getting pissed off ?

You must know a better forecaster that I do. The one thing that always pisses me off is the weather man. FIne and sunny = terrential bloody rain just after you put the washing out or go shooting. Heavy rain today = glorious sunshine after you didn't do the washing or arrange to go out because the weather was bad. A little breezy = there's going to be a bloody hurricane. A little grey today = so much bloody fog you can't see where to put the car keys. Risk of light snow = better take the spade and snow plough!

The best weather forecaster is the one who steps outside and looks upward! Relying on Apps or forecasts is like pissing in the wind, that's on a still day of course.

Edited by Alsone
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Alsone said:

FIne and sunny = terrential bloody rain just after you put the washing out. Heavy rain today = glorious sunshine after you didn't do the washing

Have you not got a woman to worry about those things?? Fucķing washing!! ?

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I always find the forecast is fairly accurate. Obviously sometimes it is inaccurate but in the main I've found very good.

TBH for a short while a couple of years ago, it ebcame spot on. Totally reliable, and then it went downhill again. I use Accuweather and the Met Oriffice usually and these days the Met Orrifice tends to be more accurate, but they both get it wrong. I can't remember the number of fishing days I've lost this year due to bad forecasting of rain when it turns out to be fine and sunny all day. Then the next day you planned to go that was going to be rainy, you find a garden full of cats and dogs...