Terrier sleeping boxes

I priced them plastic thermal ones and the cheapest I could find was £300 each,so I thought stuff it I will build my owe so last weekend went out and bought the timber.I’ve used 3/4 inch marine ply for the outside and 1/2 marine ply to line them out with 2inch thick polystyrene sheets in between to insulate the,well it’s only cost me £50 each to make and should be like toast in there winter time.just need to cut the hatch in the front and the partition in for the bed job done but they weigh a tonne

B20ACEBE-62E1-41F3-988A-B65CFC726B9F.jpeg

272AA0A9-C3A6-4573-9663-C469C5D8B377.jpeg

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 15

22 minutes ago, sid g said:

nice job mine were the same ply on the front with a dinner sized plate  hole  for them to get in n out raised off the floor 4 inch on blocks  and stuffed with shredded paper .. i made the tops of mine bigger than the rest of the box and they used to use it as a bench ..

I’m just deciding how big for the hole as I want these square shaped mate then have the roof on hinges and then lined with rubber so they can jump up there in the summer.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

I priced them plastic thermal ones and the cheapest I could find was £300 each,so I thought stuff it I will build my owe so last weekend went out and bought the timber.I’ve used 3/4 inch marine ply for the outside and 1/2 marine ply to line them out with 2inch thick polystyrene sheets in between to insulate the,well it’s only cost me £50 each to make and should be like toast in there winter time.just need to cut the hatch in the front and the partition in for the bed job done but they weigh a tonne

B20ACEBE-62E1-41F3-988A-B65CFC726B9F.jpeg

272AA0A9-C3A6-4573-9663-C469C5D8B377.jpeg

That’s all mine are mate

had em a few year now , just keep replacing the chewed bits .

mine are raised off the floor , about 300mm

YIS T

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

That’s all mine are mate

had em a few year now , just keep replacing the chewed bits .

mine are raised off the floor , about 300mm

YIS T

I’ve got them on 2x2 on the bottoms mate I’ve just done  the last 2 so just the lids to make now.

33D36356-8E79-4E41-9780-3C700E984915.jpeg

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2

You want to get some knocked together and sold lads would pay good money for decent boxes like them. I’ve made some similar but used 6mm plastic stock board. I haven’t insulted mine because they’re going in internal kennels with underfloor heating