Antique dealers

My mates dad invested over the years in Old furniture and decided to get it all valued last year.the guy who came to value  it all said it was worth probably 30 or 40 times less than it was 10-15 year ago and couldn't see price improving only getting worse as times and fashion has changed so much and continues to keep getting more and more modern where in the past things had a revival now it just dunt seen to so its all back in his lock up 

12 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

My mates dad invested over the years in Old furniture and decided to get it all valued last year.the guy who came to value  it all said it was worth probably 30 or 40 times less than it was 10-15 year ago and couldn't see price improving only getting worse as times and fashion has changed so much and continues to keep getting more and more modern where in the past things had a revival now it just dunt seen to so its all back in his lock up 

That sounds like a typical opening line, not saying it’s worth a fortune but if the guy that came round to value it was also interested in buying it then there is a very good reason to value it low, get it valued for insurance purposes only may get a very different outcome  ?profit is made when you buy not when you sell ??

29 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That sounds like a typical opening line, not saying it’s worth a fortune but if the guy that came round to value it was also interested in buying it then there is a very good reason to value it low, get it valued for insurance purposes only may get a very different outcome  ?profit is made when you buy not when you sell ??

It was for insurance purposes and to get each piece valued the guy valueing it had no intrest in the items but did say at the minute film company's are paying the most for props for period dramas 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Greyman said:

Looks like it mate, I was given it as a kid by my Nan and it’s been in the back of my wardrobe for years ?

wordrobe seems to be a popular place to hide things away. i won an autgraphed size 3 scoolboy old style leather football  with the lace in and its in the bottom of my wardrobe and hasnt being looked at for years. the fact its sighned by the 1979/80 Sunderland team means it will stay there for another good lenght of time!

3 hours ago, antg said:

wordrobe seems to be a popular place to hide things away. i won an autgraphed size 3 scoolboy old style leather football  with the lace in and its in the bottom of my wardrobe and hasnt being looked at for years. the fact its sighned by the 1979/80 Sunderland team means it will stay there for another good lenght of time!

Would imaging that max will give a lifetime supply of brass penises for that mate if you fancy becoming the most virile man in Durham ??

• Haha 1