Seconds.minutes.hrs.days.

22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im no rocket scientist granted....but what on earth is this topic even about ? ?

let me explain....:D...

so the fella king.....was just sat around thinking about life and shit......when the thought occured to him....who was the first mush to think about Time....

so some caveman who was cutting about some chunk of forest chasing wolly mammoths at some point thinks hold on a mo...the days seem to be the same length ....and hay ho time was invented...

then  born hunter turned up.....we all yawned ....and it turned in to a geology lesson

• Haha 4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had too much time on their hands.  

Once went to a masonic lecture on sacred geometry. Really interesting and it only touched the surface.  Some ancient chap worked out a ratio that made things appealing to the eye. Fibonochi I thi

let me explain....... so the fella king.....was just sat around thinking about life and shit......when the thought occured to him....who was the first mush to think about Time.... so some ca

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

A bit of a tangent but for anyone interested Mars Jupiter and Saturn are in the night sky at the mo.

The Mrs and me had a perfect view sat on the beach, back in June. 5 planets all in one sky, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus. Apparently at the moment, just to the left of Mars you can see Uranus and Neptune. Using binos or a telescope ;)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

The Mrs and me had a perfect view sat on the beach, back in June. 5 planets all in one sky, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus. Apparently at the moment, just to the left of Mars you can see Uranus and Neptune. Using binos or a telescope ;)

Yeah but not much to see with those two tbh, so never much interested me. Jupiter has it's four visible Galilean moons and Saturn has it's rings at least. I saw the Andromeda galaxy as well which is just about visible to the naked eye, pretty much straight above us, but even through bins it's nothing more than a smudge. :laugh: You'd need some very low light pollution to get anything sensible from it. There's a few well known star clusters that are worth a look too, like the seven sisters in front of Orion.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TOMO said:

let me explain....:D...

so the fella king.....was just sat around thinking about life and shit......when the thought occured to him....who was the first mush to think about Time....

so some caveman who was cutting about some chunk of forest chasing wolly mammoths at some point thinks hold on a mo...the days seem to be the same length ....and hay ho time was invented...

then  born hunter turned up.....we all yawned ....and it turned in to a geology lesson

Bit rude. :cray:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah but not much to see with those two tbh, so never much interested me. Jupiter has it's four visible Galilean moons and Saturn has it's rings at least. I saw the Andromeda galaxy as well which is just about visible to the naked eye, pretty much straight above us, but even through bins it's nothing more than a smudge. :laugh: You'd need some very low light pollution to get anything sensible from it. There's a few well known star clusters that are worth a look too, like the seven sisters in front of Orion.

Before my mate moved to Canada we used to make an annual trip up to the mountains, proper middle of nowhere and watch the Perseid meteor shower. Seriously low light pollution, clear skies, a couple of hammocks and plenty of alcohol... Bliss ?