Kids scope advice

Evening gentlemen (plus stav & Sausagedog)

After some tips on getting kids used to using scope. 

Bit of plinking with air rifle with my 7 yo girl. Using pig saddle on a set of trigger sticks, no movement. Issue is she just can't see anything! Says she can just see reflection of her own eye..? Absolutely no fault with scope, I'm spot on with it (?)! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Evening gentlemen (plus stav & Sausagedog)

After some tips on getting kids used to using scope. 

Bit of plinking with air rifle with my 7 yo girl. Using pig saddle on a set of trigger sticks, no movement. Issue is she just can't see anything! Says she can just see reflection of her own eye..? Absolutely no fault with scope, I'm spot on with it (?)! 

I’ll have you know, I’m landed gentry 

of my own back garden ?

• Haha 2

It may be worth fitting a rubber extension eye cup to remove extraneous light causing the reflection. I did have one but just looked in the odds n sods drawer but it is not there otherwise you could have it. If the scope is good for you, it must be her relative position so the cup may be ideal and a lot cheaper than another scope.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l2632&_nkw=rubber+scope+eye+piece&_sacat=7301

Phil

• Like 2

Sounds like she's too far away or too near the scope. I borrowed a 223 off a mate with a decent quality scope on it and I couldn't see anything through it except a dot of light not even in the centre of the scope. By holding my head at a ridiculous angle I could get a sight picture, but the slightest moverment and I lost it again.

30 minutes ago, walshie said:

Sounds like she's too far away or too near the scope. I borrowed a 223 off a mate with a decent quality scope on it and I couldn't see anything through it except a dot of light not even in the centre of the scope. By holding my head at a ridiculous angle I could get a sight picture, but the slightest moverment and I lost it again.

Yeah I suspect that, I did get her to alter position few times but didn't do much. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Faulty towers more likely ???.

Pm your address Ben I got an eyecup thing going spare 

Arrived this morning, less than 24hrs! What a service, you put some of the business to shame!! Thanks again mate, really appreciate it.

• Like 2