Dog Crate ~ Of The 'Holding Cell' Level?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was quoted £500 to do some welding on my jimny by a garage. I thought feck that I will weld it myself.so bought a welder and a bottle of gas and cracked on.im a welding virgin myself.but practice on

A buggered one.

Cheers.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s your outfit for when we meet up ?

surely you saw pulp fiction ?

I think I seen it years ago can't remember it much only that black guy quoting mad things from the Bible..well they sounded like Bible sayings 

15 hours ago, sid g said:

no a mask is a must ,,,

100%  sid, years ago in the 70s  working in wolves , in a  factory . my job taking moving  the stuff, the welders had done to   next department  , the one day one of the blokes got a (flash) in eye , bloody painful it was for him , think he took his mask off just for few secs , then it got him, so deff use a mask .

I bought myself a super cheap stick welder from Machine Mart with a view to teaching myself to weld. It was right hard going. Bzzzz. Rod sticks to metal. Break it off,, start again,  Bzzzz - exactly the same.

I bit the bullet and paid a few quid more for a half decent inverter welder and it makes the job so easy. No sticking, no pain to strike an arc, so I can concentrate on the actual welding . As far as my needs go "I can weld."  It's not pretty. - Joe would wet himself if he saw my work, but it holds 2 bits of metal together, which is the idea. ?

* Scuttles off to check google for 'Inverter Welder' *

Yes! And damn " SIP " comes up, Again! I'm getting the definite hunch I'll end up buying one of theirs. They're everywhere I look.

Now then; I'm seeing all sorts of AMPs here. Happens I also thought to check my Main Fuse as I hear a lot about how welders will blow my main fuse. Mine says " 60/80A ". Lowest ampage machine I'm seeing is 80. It's as small as they seem to go. What's that mean, please?

I have heard, " They'll upgrade your fuse for you. " But, I'd really need to look into that.

Thanks for the input, anyway, Walshie.

Been chewing this cage over all day. That and another little project I have in the pipe line. With the hellish cost of deliveries from the miser in town, I'd be stupid not to grab All the materials at once.

Amounting to a shit ton of timber, to be honest! I know 2 x 2 doesn't exactly cost the earth. But, I just bought a £200 filter and a £250 washing machine! I'm not Made of fukking money!!! That fukking Hurt!

End of the month then. I'm just figuring the old cage will contain this mad fukker one more time. It'll have to! :(

15 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

* Scuttles off to check google for 'Inverter Welder' *

Yes! And damn " SIP " comes up, Again! I'm getting the definite hunch I'll end up buying one of theirs. They're everywhere I look.

Now then; I'm seeing all sorts of AMPs here. Happens I also thought to check my Main Fuse as I hear a lot about how welders will blow my main fuse. Mine says " 60/80A ". Lowest ampage machine I'm seeing is 80. It's as small as they seem to go. What's that mean, please?

I have heard, " They'll upgrade your fuse for you. " But, I'd really need to look into that.

Thanks for the input, anyway, Walshie.

Been chewing this cage over all day. That and another little project I have in the pipe line. With the hellish cost of deliveries from the miser in town, I'd be stupid not to grab All the materials at once.

Amounting to a shit ton of timber, to be honest! I know 2 x 2 doesn't exactly cost the earth. But, I just bought a £200 filter and a £250 washing machine! I'm not Made of fukking money!!! That fukking Hurt!

End of the month then. I'm just figuring the old cage will contain this mad fukker one more time. It'll have to! :(

I don't know what the "inverter" bit does, but inverter welders are very small and light. Mine goes up to 160A and runs happily on a 13A socket. I use mine mostly between 90 and 120A depending on the thickness of metal I'm welding.

52 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yep anything smaller is a crap duty cycle and won't do any prolonged welding and you want that amperage to run 3.25 rods anything smaller you'll be messing about with 2mm rods which are shite. Inverter is basically computer instead of a big heavy transformer....

No substitute for skill mate, "rod sticking to metal" ffs Walshie ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1