From Russia with love

One thing i still cant work out about the Whyte/Povetkin fight was why there was no count ??......the result was announced as a tko but it wasnt a technical knock out it was a clear cut knock out.....ok Whyte may not have beaten the count but by that reckoning Tyson Fury would have lost to Wilder in their first fight....he was out exactly as Whyte was....but was given the count and got up.....fighters have to be given the chance to beat the count whether their eyes are rolling or not.

The sport is putting itself in a precarious position by allowing referees to decide whether to count or not !

• Like 5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing i still cant work out about the Whyte/Povetkin fight was why there was no count ??......the result was announced as a tko but it wasnt a technical knock out it was a clear cut knock out.....

The only man in the world that can call himself a dick on a public forum and think he’s winning the argument ,??????

By the way you are aware that Boycie was the rich successful one and Trigger was the dullard,the dope ?.....i mean i,ll take that all day long but i dont think you quite understand the...............o

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

He was out cold ref obviously feared for his safety and if Whyte or Hearn try use that as a get out clause they scum .

If they want to go down that route blame and sue the ref but POV Won fair and square.

?....f**k me if thats not obsessive hatred i dont know what is !

Some random geezer on the internet ( me ) makes an observation and Eddie Hearn and Dillian Whyte get called scum ?....of course it was a fair and square ko but a referee should still count......thats it.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Was a decent fight. Harper vs jonas the week before was decent as well. 

Dont think it's a power issue you see lots of woman in ufc with those small gloves getting kos and dropping people. I think with womans boxing the issue is they wear bigger gloves, the rounds are shorter and less rounds. I dont know for sure but would it have made a difference to Taylor's opponent if she was taking clean shots with smaller gloves and would she still have that engine is she was doing 12 x 3 instead of 10 x 2. 

Fair points....its all a load of bollocks if you ask me you cant have women take part in a mans sport and then change the rules to accommodate women...pro boxing is 3 minute rounds end of.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

No it's pointing out a Fact' if anyone involved tries to use that as a angle to devalue Povs win and. World class knockout it's shithousery  at its finest.

Max shag, that was as convincing a knockout as you'll ever see, no f****r on earth could contest that. 

Edited by Greb147
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

No it's pointing out a Fact' if anyone involved tries to use that as a angle to devalue Povs win and. World class knockout it's shithousery  at its finest.

You are pointing out A FACT......on an issue that hasnt even been made ?.....well in Mystic Trig good one :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

So why make it then Boycey ?

Because if the referee had counted like he should have done it would have been a KO and not a TKO.....when a fighter knocks somebody unconscious he deserves the KO ( knock out ) on his record and not a TKO ( referee stoppage )........ask your hero Fury if he agrees with a referee giving a 10 count ?

24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I honestly think they would have waved the first Fury/Wilder bout off if it had happened in the UK. 

For a second or two Fury looked asleep, imagine if the ref had called a knockout so soon. 

Thats right....usually when a fighters neck go,s loose its all over....but very occasionally as with Fury a fighter will rise within seconds.....hence there has to be a 10 count.....personally i dont think Whyte would of got up from a 100 count the other night let alone 10.....but it still has to be a set rule that a referee counts him out,not only for the remote chance that he gets up but also for the victory record nobody wants a tko on their record when it was a clean ko.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

So why make it then Boycey ?

By the way you are aware that Boycie was the rich successful one and Trigger was the dullard,the dope ?.....i mean i,ll take that all day long but i dont think you quite understand the...............oh hang on...Trigger the dullard,the dope....?? classic !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

So wilder won the fight with fury going By what your saying