1 hour ago, Arry said:

Yea mate if there are not bitter then I reckon you have tree Ceps. That one you cut is prime no maggots, well done. Enjoy or dry them even stonier if you dry them.

Cheers Arry

Thanks Arry ? I’m pretty sure they are ok, but I’ve not got much taste or smell at the mo’.....

They were found on the edge of a large clearing overlooked by beech trees. There were also some obvious bitter boletes in the vicinity, so I was quietly confident with these ?

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting early this year, must be all the rain.  I now think this is the Ruby Bolete and not the Red Cracking Bolete, not for eating. Cheers Arry  

Just got back from the fishing comp and a bit knackered but I know there would be a bit of Fungi about after this drop of rain the last week. So went for a short mooch , good job would have missed the

I grew this reishi on wood chip from my hazel coppice  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Been holding back on my mushroom adventure but would like to learn a lot more before I start picking them so to the learned panel what are these, only finding them amongst the conifers cheers?

641B7007-C455-4C8B-BD5C-E7F2609E072F.jpeg

08EA01D0-A05E-4B2F-A4D4-FECD3373F20B.jpeg

71D8CA87-EBAE-433F-8C4B-8E6FE7258935.jpeg

39D2FE19-F20D-4B74-931B-ED7AA9EEEBF7.jpeg

CD46270B-6928-4177-9248-41C5CD9A7DF0.jpeg

I don't know mate but there are some very dodgy same white ones like the Distroying Angle and the false Death Cap. The ones in the first photo look bigger mate are they?

Cheers Arry

I think they are just mature versions mate the middle picture is loads of tiny little white dots I assumed were them emerging from the ground, they were very bright like little stars which got my attention and made me have a crawl about in there cheers ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Arry said:

I would give them a body swerve mate. could you scale them mate.

Cheers Arry

Will get some more pics when I,m back down there with a recognisable object mate, not intending eating anything yet apart from the two I already do,, field and puffball, when I,m living on my boat I will be doing a lot of foraging for foods so will probably be next winter before I start getting adventurous, pigeon, duck etc from the towpath and veg from the hedge is were I ,d like to be in a few years time, ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Will get some more pics when I,m back down there with a recognisable object mate, not intending eating anything yet apart from the two I already do,, field and puffball, when I,m living on my boat I will be doing a lot of foraging for foods so will probably be next winter before I start getting adventurous, pigeon, duck etc from the towpath and veg from the hedge is were I ,d like to be in a few years time, ?

Keep an eye out GM for these two in that sort of area. The Winter Chanterelle that the browns one with the yellow stem which is hollow, it has what looks like a cabbage leaf affect on the under side of the cap. If you find one you will probably find hundreds. Nice taste and dry really well. The Hedge Mushroom that is a robust irregular white mushroom with spikes instead of gills. Keeps for ages just scrape the spikes off. Both should be around now in the woods.P1190455.jpeg.0c215a8136f5488e6f03555a41a66c4b.jpeg

P1190259.jpeg.3d516e6b5b92780dc6f70b737c7e1391.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Greyman said:

This mornings wander, more advice needed, saw this one on a tree, obviously gone over a bit but two things, what is it and will it grow in the same place again next autumn ?

C0E77CEC-3CF4-41FA-B3EA-E2E3DAB09C06.jpeg

01A81FE2-0D8A-4B94-BD9A-81FAA9882262.jpeg

Might be old Dryads Saddle but it's very hard to tell as it's gone over so much mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1