On 06/09/2020 at 12:39, green lurchers said:

Bit of I d arry not common round these parts brown birch bolete ? 

Could well be right mate but reckon its an eater, was it under a Birch tree? The Brown Birch Bolete is said to be poor and lacking in taste. I know this sounds mad but cut it and lick it just to check its not a bitter Bolete. A mate of mine unknowingly put a bitter Bolete in a family meal and it was f****d. Rule of thumb if its got no Red on it and it does not turn blue when cut its okay

14 hours ago, green lurchers said:

How you cook the beefies arry ? And noticed a few field mush up today 

I have tried GL but not had any success, not much good in my opinion to acid. They say soak them in milk for 24 hours. Think you could use it in a stew or something like that.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting early this year, must be all the rain.  I now think this is the Ruby Bolete and not the Red Cracking Bolete, not for eating. Cheers Arry  

Just got back from the fishing comp and a bit knackered but I know there would be a bit of Fungi about after this drop of rain the last week. So went for a short mooch , good job would have missed the

I grew this reishi on wood chip from my hazel coppice  

Posted Images

Gonna knock up a vegan curry on Friday using the chicken of the woods see how it goes itl be hottie for sure Using a super hot  chillis from the garden but I’m fkd If I could find a cep me head was swivelling like a barn owl looking lol 

2029D6DE-280C-47AE-A397-4E05CE0E0F4B.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
1 hour ago, Arry said:

GL been finding Ceps mainly under Oak trees, but in the bushes and brambles near by also in Hazel Groves with Oaks. Especially near river banks even right down near the water.

Cheers Arry

Mate I been high n low  over 40 mile last few wks since you posted them cep pics me neck has been looking up down all around old oaks  I feel like me neck is shaped is question mark ? I can go get chicken parasols no prob the dryads I got them with hard work the field horse puffball and wigs will be out in number next good rain but I’m fkd if I can find a cep 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Mate I been high n low  over 40 mile last few wks since you posted them cep pics me neck has been looking up down all around old oaks  I feel like me neck is shaped is question mark ? I can go get chicken parasols no prob the dryads I got them with hard work the field horse puffball and wigs will be out in number next good rain but I’m fkd if I can find a cep 

Think I was lucky and hit it just right a week later and would have missed them. Went to the same spot for some Wild Plumbs and Sloes to make some Gin and there were only a few and all but a couple had go over.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
6 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Ate all them between us an neighbours cooked in butter garlic  chilli dipped in egg n breadcrumb garden herbs  delish found this down London price for the ceps u been getting 

4F731F74-CB3A-47EE-AF66-DFB2B92D8F6A.jpeg

9260CCBF-E676-457D-968B-0CFB45402677.jpeg

Bloody hell, wish I could find an out let. Only found one small one to day and a few horse mushrooms gone a bit dry, need a good drop of rain again. Did see a few Hedgehogs coming under a hazel bank.

cheers Arry

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Found a good spot this parasols another omelette on the way 

7F366E91-E6A9-4D40-9493-C7D794404B6F.jpeg

They are a good mushroom, I really like them not many seem to bother with them. The only draw back I find is the don't seem to keep well and the fly gets in them real quick.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Arry said:

They are a good mushroom, I really like them not many seem to bother with them. The only draw back I find is the don't seem to keep well and the fly gets in them real quick.

Cheers Arry

Think best to take em at 1 or 2 days old they go down hill at 3 day and the bugs get into em they store in paper bag in fridge for 4/5 days  found some shaggy parasols so stood the great eating parasol next to it for ID for anyone interested  two on left shaggy a thicker stem smooth with no snakeskin stem more shaggy on cap grow in groups bigger parasol got yards of space between em most of time  ?any idea on this one arry ?  

87A31972-2AD0-46A0-9141-796926E561E4.jpeg

58250DE4-F723-409E-8FF4-C6B9547C3EA6.jpeg

E7103B97-5971-4E38-B393-2AE3C91BD7A5.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers