Working out percentages

Ok, I'll make it easier for people to get what I'm saying. Leaving percentages out of it. Three thirds make one whole. A greyound/collie/greyhound has two thirds grehound and one third collie. None of that equates to 75% greyhound and 25% collie. Not to my way of thinking anyway ?

• Confused 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9/16 grey 7/16 bull if I read it correctly.

as written it is wrong way round, but I bet its correct, no one says grey bull do they

Coz it ad 9 tails it was a very rare manx

42 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Ok, I'll make it easier for people to get what I'm saying. Leaving percentages out of it. Three thirds make one whole. A greyound/collie/greyhound has two thirds grehound and one third collie. None of that equates to 75% greyhound and 25% collie. Not to my way of thinking anyway ?

You're f***ing my head up here, a dog that is a Collie/Greyhound x Greyhound will be a 3/4 Greyhound/Collie. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You're f***ing my head up here, a dog that is a Collie/Greyhound x Greyhound will be a 3/4 Greyhound/Collie. ?

f***ing my own head up! ?. But come on, how can a greyhound/collie/greyhound be three quater bred? It can't, it's two thirds greyhound one third collie ......... :yahoo:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

f***ing my own head up! ?. But come on, how can a greyhound/collie/greyhound be three quater bred? It can't, it's two thirds greyhound one third collie ......... :yahoo:

Because those are the parents of a 3/4 cross. One parent is a collie x greyhound and the other is a greyhound x greyhound. 

• Like 1

Easy way is.One parent would be 100% greyhound the other parent is 50% greyhound 50% collie

The pups would be 

150% greyhound 50% collie. 

Divided back down is 75% gh 25% collie

or 3/4 gh 1/4 collie

works for me anyway 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jake824 said:

Easy way is.One parent would be 100% greyhound the other parent is 50% greyhound 50% collie

The pups would be 

or 3/4 gh 1/4 collie

works for me anyway 

150%? ?

56 minutes ago, jake824 said:

The pups would be 

or 3/4 gh 1/4 collie

works for me anyway 

Wait what

• Haha 1

And the answer to the original question is they ll throw all sorts. I put a reverse 5/8 x 3/8 bull greyhound over a half cross bitch and the litter threw anything from short coupled 23 tts to 26 inch long lean dogs with good heads 

2 minutes ago, jake824 said:

And the answer to the original question is they ll throw all sorts. I put a reverse 5/8 x 3/8 bull greyhound over a half cross bitch and the litter threw anything from short coupled 23 tts to 26 inch long lean dogs with good heads 

Like I said earlier, you see how the pups throw with your own eyes. If you want a racey pup out the litter you look for that type etc....