Air pistol?

Look, I know many on here don't rate air pistols much and especially co2 but (and I ain't new to pistols) I have a good number of co2 bulbs and keep wondering about getting a cheap pistol to plink in the garden. I don't want to spend much though!

I had a cp1 and it was excellent but I gave it away because I'm like that.

Any pointers folks?

SD.

Spring powered not C02 but I would recommend this. Not something that I would have purchased but a lad at work bought it new and when his lass found out he had to to get rid. As accurate as the person using it but a very useful gun to have when walking the dogs and out after ferret food or the occasional very close range opportunist rabbit kill. I don't have the skills to use it on live quarry now but did at the time. It came with the pistol scope but never mastered the technique of using one on an hand gun.

004.jpg

010.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think that c02 is a viable power source. Too many variables that effect the speed of the projectile and that makes it more difficult for the person using the gun to identify their own flaws. The tool needs to be as near as damn it perfect for the user to have any chance of improving.

• Like 1

I had a hw45 years ago in 17. I was very disappointed. It wasn't a patch on the one my mate had when they came out.

I wished I had the 22 instead now buy besides that my mates had a proper lip seal piston head. Mine just had a flat piece of PTFE!

Traded down to a 1377 and never looked back.

3 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I don't think that c02 is a viable power source. Too many variables that effect the speed of the projectile and that makes it more difficult for the person using the gun to identify their own flaws. The tool needs to be as near as damn it perfect for the user to have any chance of improving.

I also had a cp1 and that was very good too. I had no problems with variables as you put it. Co2 ain't that bad for plinking.

• Like 1

There's so many to choose from!!

I like the Makarovs by Baikal and the blowback Lugers by Gletcher, The Nagant at the bottom was ok for a while but then let go of the Co2 ?

wgCpX6m.jpg

The 2240 can be made in to all manner of pistols/carbines and the crack is easily tamed with a mod ?

W4eOnBv.jpg

Here's a few more Crosmans, The mod600 (Brown grips 2nd from right) is a blast!!, You can rattle the mag of pellets off as fast as you can squeeze the trigger!, They need exactly the right length of pellet though or the swig shuttle traps them ?

0vesoE1.jpg

Apart from the Makarovs there's other Ruskies that are fun, This is an MP651, It shoots either pellets of BB's and comes with two different rotary mags but on top of the pistol is a slide mag that you fill, Then rotate the mag by hand, This fills the mag then another 6BB's can be put in the top, Not sure how many it holds all told!

giviWU9.jpg

The Baikal Drozd MP661 is BB only, It has an electronic trigger and in other less nanny state countries will shoot on full auto, The function is disabled for guns here and the switches to change the burst rate and semi/full auto have been removed and covered with blanking plates ?

It is actually classed as a pistol but comes with a shoulder stock, They rattle the BB's out at over 500fps though!!

zJjE6TY.jpg

WvZnubi.jpg

This is a cheap and nasty Swiss Arms 1911, It puts steel BB's through both sides of a Heinz Bean can! (Surprised me!)

atOQUrG.jpg

And out the back!
vej2XeJ.jpg

I've a load of springers and ssp's but as they don't use Co2, It's pointless posting about them..

Hope you find a fun gun ?

John ?

Edited by johnbaz
cuz eye carnt spel proply ennit! ?
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 01/07/2020 at 00:45, johnbaz said:

There's so many to choose from!!

I like the Makarovs by Baikal and the blowback Lugers by Gletcher, The Nagant at the bottom was ok for a while but then let go of the Co2 ?

wgCpX6m.jpg

The 2240 can be made in to all manner of pistols/carbines and the crack is easily tamed with a mod ?

W4eOnBv.jpg

Here's a few more Crosmans, The mod600 (Brown grips 2nd from right) is a blast!!, You can rattle the mag of pellets off as fast as you can squeeze the trigger!, They need exactly the right length of pellet though or the swig shuttle traps them ?

0vesoE1.jpg

Apart from the Makarovs there's other Ruskies that are fun, This is an MP651, It shoots either pellets of BB's and comes with two different rotary mags but on top of the pistol is a slide mag that you fill, Then rotate the mag by hand, This fills the mag then another 6BB's can be put in the top, Not sure how many it holds all told!

giviWU9.jpg

The Baikal Drozd MP661 is BB only, It has an electronic trigger and in other less nanny state countries will shoot on full auto, The function is disabled for guns here and the switches to change the burst rate and semi/full auto have been removed and covered with blanking plates ?

It is actually classed as a pistol but comes with a shoulder stock, They rattle the BB's out at over 500fps though!!

zJjE6TY.jpg

WvZnubi.jpg

This is a cheap and nasty Swiss Arms 1911, It puts steel BB's through both sides of a Heinz Bean can! (Surprised me!)

atOQUrG.jpg

And out the back!
vej2XeJ.jpg

I've a load of springers and ssp's but as they don't use Co2, It's pointless posting about them..

Hope you find a fun gun ?

John ?

What’s the mp651 like for power John? They aren’t a bad price. Will they punch through a baked bean can? I know some of these co2 pistols will barely puncture a cardboard box.

I expected nothing less John, a collection to make us drool, I hear you bought the house next door to keep all your guns in ................................................ ?

The Crossman would be my route as well SD.

Phil

• Like 1