Lures,flies,floats and anything else your making for fishing

22 minutes ago, neil r said:

Do you through wire or use screw eyes , I’ve done a few and through wired them but I’ve noticed not many makers do that with wood lures so I’m going to try some longer screw eyes next time I make some . Need to look how to make a dryer though so I can paint and epoxy them rather than just sealing them and using jigskinz .

Spintec in ribchester do some 25mm ones if that will be big enough . Can’t copy and paste links for some reason tonight so I’ve took a screenshot . Lureparts.nl do bigger ones aswell 

0B1568DA-AE02-45E7-A8B9-129E1E0BB2C7.png

I've done some through wires  I also  do some with eyes I twist myself, I lost what was probably my PB due to a screw eye straightening out on a purchased  lure so I've never really trusted them since....thanks for the info on the propeller,  I may use two small spinner blades on back section of one , on each side like legs  ?

• Like 2

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clear coated and tested ...runs a treat  

The first of five done ...this is all in colour shift paints so changes colour with the  angle of view.

Moving on from lifelong cumbrian fantastic spoon thread  I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for all things fishing that we make ourselves.  I've just started making some

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kanny said:

I've done some through wires  I also  do some with eyes I twist myself, I lost what was probably my PB due to a screw eye straightening out on a purchased  lure so I've never really trusted them since....thanks for the info on the propeller,  I may use two small spinner blades on back section of one , on each side like legs  ?

That’s always been a concern for me ever since I used the old fox spearhead jerkbaits , brilliant fish catcher but like most things fox made , absolutely rubbish build quality. The screw eyes used to come loose in no time . 
2 blades should work well , it will be like the legs on a duckling . 
I’m going to nip in to spintec when the rivers are open because it’s only at the back of where I fish and ask if he can get some of the really big spinner blades so I can make some big bucktail spinners like double cowgirls. They look easy to make and they’ll be something different to what most pike see over here 

• Like 1

I thought the wolly pog was going to be a fairly simple build but it's turning out to be quite the challenge to get it working properly, still very much in the proof of concept stage, may need rethink.... :hmm:

20220614_103732.jpg

20220614_103739.jpg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, kanny said:

I thought the wolly pog was going to be a fairly simple build but it's turning out to be quite the challenge to get it working properly, still very much in the proof of concept stage, may need rethink.... :hmm:

20220614_103732.jpg

20220614_103739.jpg

What’s it doing , is it diving or not wobbling properly or is it something else 

1 hour ago, neil r said:

What’s it doing , is it diving or not wobbling properly or is it something else 

It wasn't  wobbling properly  but I think I've cracked it now ...ive reshaped the bottom as it was too flat and I've moved the weight to the back.....physics!  ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That make lovely nail polish ?? 

hurry Up An get it in water j wanna see it in action ?

I've had it in the bathtub ? my testing pool ? it's OK i think, difficult to really tell ,I think mk2 will be much better, people don't realise what work goes into them ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I noticed you shave them to shape or atleast refine them with a blade, but how big a block do you start with an how much do you take off with blade, do you use a belt sander or anything or is that after the blade?

Depends on how I'm feeling ?.. I generally use the bandsaw and linisher at work to get the basic shape  and refine it at home with a Stanley knife and sandpaper...plenty of stuff on YouTube to learn from,  marlin baits and the engineered angler are a good place to start. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

That looks great that, you gonna do it in diff colours an stuff or that a 1 off 

I've got another blank here that I'm going to do different  and make a few adjustments ?

• Like 1
On 09/06/2022 at 14:44, W. Katchum said:

Iv saw them monster ones haha can’t wait to see your now ?

I tried to get a bit of a video but it's not easy holding a rod and trying to hold a phone while reeling in lol ...it works a treat ? volume is a bit shit but you can hear it knocking....didn't get any takes on it but I didn't really expect to in this place  ...I had one take on a frog which I never expect to hook up on so not disappointed with that one and another take on a whopper plopper that normally never let's me down but didn't hook up today so a bit pissed about that one lol. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been watching a load of custom paint job videos recently  so just for giggles I decided to have a go at a LO-Ryder theme for this one, not easy at this scale ?....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...