• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

Not sure what sporting intelligence is and how it differs from bog standard intelligence? And why bother comparing Ali's best opponents to Fury's worst? I don't really even like fury he's not the kind of sportsman or man I admire so no "fanboy" here. To be honest someone who thinks a 6'9" world champion has absolutely no chance and it's not even debatable to beat a guy from 60 years ago who was a bug's dick off getting beat by a 6ft 14 stone British champion then that's what smacks of "fanboy". 

I’m a fury fan, I’m just not deluded enough to think he will ever be included in the worlds best ever boxers list.....I was comparing fighters they both fought in their prime years. But don’t listen to me, I know sweet fa about boxing in truth.......however if you can find any video or quote from anyone with decent knowledge of boxing, some one who had been in the game for years and has a respected opinion that says fury would beat Ali by the end of today I will send you £50 

9 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

I dont think he had a care for 12,i think his idea was to stop him at all costs.

100% agree but that was plan A and it worked, if wilder had stood and traded for 12 rounds I don’t think fury would have had enough left to go to the 12 let alone 20 rounds as max is claiming 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

100% agree but that was plan A and it worked, if wilder had stood and traded for 12 rounds I don’t think fury would have had enough left to go to the 12 let alone 20 rounds as max is claiming 

He has done 12 before but 20 is a bridge to far i think,wilder cant really fight going backwards,hence him getting destroyed,the kronk style paid off,if wilder lasted the 12 he would most prob be more tired than fury due going backwards all fight n gettin punched in the chops,it be will great if him n aj do get the fight on,cant see it being a good night for aj .

Edited by Rogerbill
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

This is the dullest period in heavyweight boxing I can remember, they all spend more time on the internet calling out each other than fighting, and saying that by definition everything has improved so modern fighters must have is a joke, Mike Tyson could fight once a month not once a year and Tyson fury is a bit of an enigma but a pretty shite boxer who looks good against mediocre opposition, I can’t wait for a decent youngster with the hunger to just come and rip through the lot of them clear them out and start again, sadly it won’t because there is to much money in the heavy,s now, looking forward to Luke Campbell v Ryan Garcia, loma v teofimo and finally the man I hope can sort out the heavyweight division DDD v Joyce, ??

Agree with you G. But I don't think dubois' last few opponents will have had him learning anything. Glad they haven't been rushing him up to now, but this talk of warren wanting him to face usyck or joshua in his next fight is a little silly. Plenty of time for him to improve and mature a bit yet, before he takes on the likes of those types of experienced fighters.

Dubois beats joyce for me

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Agree with you G. But I don't think dubois' last few opponents will have had him learning anything. Glad they haven't been rushing him up to now, but this talk of warren wanting him to face usyck or joshua in his next fight is a little silly. Plenty of time for him to improve and mature a bit yet, before he takes on the likes of those types of experienced fighters.

Dubois beats joyce for me

Definitely think usyk is to soon and agree with you regarding his last fight, think  two or three better fights next year before he starts moving up, he just has that old fashioned drive about him that I like, more interested in fighting than talking ?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Definitely think usyk is to soon and agree with you regarding his last fight, think  two or three better fights next year before he starts moving up, he just has that old fashioned drive about him that I like, more interested in fighting than talking ?

Yep, I think he has the right attitude. Just hope warren etc don't convince him to fight people he's not 'quite' ready for, just  to line their own greedy pockets.

Another couple of years and I can see him being right at the top

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ihunter said:

I’m a fury fan, I’m just not deluded enough to think he will ever be included in the worlds best ever boxers list.....I was comparing fighters they both fought in their prime years. But don’t listen to me, I know sweet fa about boxing in truth.......however if you can find any video or quote from anyone with decent knowledge of boxing, some one who had been in the game for years and has a respected opinion that says fury would beat Ali by the end of today I will send you £50 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8284061/amp/Muhammad-Alis-former-promoter-Bob-Arum-believes-STRUGGLED-against-Tyson-Fury.html

I think Bob Arum meets all your requirements and more, I'm not hard up for £50 though so just donate it to the London ex boxers association.??

• Sad 1
23 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-8284061/amp/Muhammad-Alis-former-promoter-Bob-Arum-believes-STRUGGLED-against-Tyson-Fury.html

I think Bob Arum meets all your requirements and more, I'm not hard up for £50 though so just donate it to the London ex boxers association.??

Unless you clock Fury and knock him out it's going to be a very awkward fight for any opponent of his. 

That still doesn't mean he's going to beat arguably the best HW in the history of the sport. 

We are basing Fury's legacy on a scrappy affair with Wlad and the beating of Wilder here. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Unless you clock Fury and knock him out it's going to be a very awkward fight for any opponent of his. 

That still doesn't mean he's going to beat arguably the best HW in the history of the sport. 

We are basing Fury's legacy on a scrappy affair with Wlad and the beating of Wilder here. 

Both aren't massive punchers and both have great whiskers, I'd put my money on the taller (much) man to win on points if anyone disagrees that's fine there all just opinions and always will be.

2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Both aren't massive punchers and both have great whiskers, I'd put my money on the taller (much) man to win on points if anyone disagrees that's fine there all just opinions and always will be.

You don't think ability has a bearing on the outcome of the fight though? 

Yep sadly these fantasy fights will never be a reality and all down to opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You don't think ability has a bearing on the outcome of the fight though? 

Yep sadly these fantasy fights will never be a reality and all down to opinion. 

Course it does but when your talking about two people at the very pinnacle of their sport then they both clearly have ability, one of them has a 6 inch height and 60lb weight advantage though.

1 minute ago, JDHUNTING said:

Course it does but when your talking about two people at the very pinnacle of their sport then they both clearly have ability, one of them has a 6 inch height and 60lb weight advantage though.

But that pinnacle ebbs and flows over the years though.