.177 the quest

For the ultimate rat pellets! I'm constantly looking for the best terminal effects, but accuracy is also of paramount importance.

I only shoot rats for work, every rat counts and the quicker they die the humaner it is, and almost as importantly the easier it is for the farmer or whoever to find the corpses, which ultimately shows them what a good job I'm doing.

I never clear the rats up.

So I've tried barracuda hunter extremes, all the hollow points, most flat heads, ultra shock, polymags, the best until now have been the latter two, but now that I have finally got my hands on Hades in .177 . From what I've seen and heard, these could be the holy grail.

Over the next week I should find out.

The best pellet I`ve used was the Hobby 11.9 g flat heads, in .22 cal` for rat work.

After 30 yards though the accuracy starts to slip but under 30 yards they are deadly.

Nice flat trajectory, hit very hard with the flat heads and nicely accurate to the 30 yard mark.

Each to their own opinion but RWS Hobby for me.

• Like 6

Recon the jsb express are my rat pellet now, tried everything over the years!

found most of the other pellets ricochet to much for my likening, had a go with the qys last night but they just pass straight through:(

them express are fast and accurate as you like if your gun likes them and the leads soft so they don’t bounce about round the cattle?

I don’t pick them up either?

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, mark williams said:

The best pellet I`ve used was the Hobby 11.9 g flat heads, in .22 cal` for rat work.

After 30 yards though the accuracy starts to slip but under 30 yards they are deadly.

Nice flat trajectory, hit very hard with the flat heads and nicely accurate to the 30 yard mark.

Each to their own opinion but RWS Hobby for me.

Hobby’s best pellets in my .22 hw99s. Out to 30 yards as you say Mark.??

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, si brown said:

Recon the jsb express are my rat pellet now, tried everything over the years!

found most of the other pellets ricochet to much for my likening, had a go with the qys last night but they just pass straight through:(

them express are fast and accurate as you like if your gun likes them and the leads soft so they don’t bounce about round the cattle?

I don’t pick them up either?

Pity they are not available in .25 because I still use big bertha for ratting as I no longer have a sub 12 pcp

Phil

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

Pity they are not available in .25 because I still use big bertha for ratting as I no longer have a sub 12 pcp

Phil

Got to confess I throw 34gn at them if there’s no cattle about??

• Haha 1