Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

Just now, Greb147 said:

So how much Saluki is red in reality? So you're saying Red has been put over some pures to give them a bit of speed? 

Quite a lot Shearer out of Deacon  and rose has Saluki both sides from Joe and Seagull and f you think salukis slow you ain't seen a good one yet pal I can't say no more 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, sandymere said:

The reason I took to the Galgos was to answer some of the problems people have highlighted, I've raced and coursed greyhounds, lurchers and longdogs and in truth loved the greyhounds most but I need something injury resistant with a bit of pace and drive on small pastures but still able to stay when we get some bigger ground. My old one hardly missed a day through injury until hit by a van on the road and she took a fair amount of game. Generally they're bred to be robust in the field, have good feet, decent stamina and speed and the Spanish are hard taskmasters, if they don't do they die. 

IMG_20191129_103703.jpg.be21d1a49cf90445a8be54a309779f90.jpgIMG_20200601_141149.jpg.4ecc31b769a62033c422b7fe858a1ea8.jpgIMG_20200209_171256.jpg.db218f275abd28663e72626920185aaf.jpgIMG_20200517_154653.thumb.jpg.cd90fdffaa58a407d7ed1ae5ca739a66.jpg.73701861cc1fb800906cdaf6f1416c5c.jpg

IMG_20200517_154646_1.jpg.5bf2963c021207fdbef1cc576d1c6ad6.jpg

IMG_20200517_154653.thumb.jpg.cd90fdffaa58a407d7ed1ae5ca739a66.jpg

Ace pics pal like the Russian and polish hounds they have everything to offer us here in the UK ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Quite a lot Shearer out of Deacon  and rose has Saluki both sides from Joe and Seagull and f you think salukis slow you ain't seen a good one yet pal I can't say no more 

Not saying that but I thought you said he was put in to the pures at some point? 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I think I’ve just got a soft spot for them because I grew up round a few if I’m honest, but I do like fast dogs, I won’t keep something that’s not got plenty speed they don’t suit me.

Got to say though mate the dogs I’ve seen with the worst feet have been generation bred coursing hybrids, saw a couple out of Romeo that would smash their feet up running on sand.

By looking at your pictures you’ve been in to dogs a long time. Would you say you’ve noticed as times gone on, lurchers in general have got less durable? When I first started out I don’t remember dogs having half as many injuries as a lot of them do now.

My first dog virtually never needed time off apart from the off barbed wire rip, but in the past few years I’ve seen & owned dogs that need constant maintenance, and basically wrapped in cotton wool to get them through a season. 

Dead right Shadow weaker by far I don't like some of the crosses that's been added and how the pure breds are now not worked I have been in a position I could run weekdays and weekends off that's still short of what would be needed back in the day as you know pal ?

I'd say you are a Million percent right on lurchers less durable these days the show lot the racing lot etc have added to that factor I'd say 

14 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Red shearer x rose foxy sister n caspas brother he's in one fellas line of pures if my eyes don't decieve me and best so called pure this year down from him and for the record I'd own a pup from it in a heartbeat best outcross for UK Saluki has to be UK coursing hound ?

12185464_10205322519810319_672160973794908209_o.jpg

That's the wrong Rose mate. It's the cruise X Seagull one

2 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Dead right Shadow weaker by far I don't like some of the crosses that's been added and how the pure breds are now not worked I have been in a position I could run weekdays and weekends off that's still short of what would be needed back in the day as you know pal ?

I'd say you are a Million percent right on lurchers less durable these days the show lot the racing lot etc have added to that factor I'd say 

100% i had to come off those groups on Facebook, people breeding litters out of lurchers & the only pics you see of them are at shows chasing carrier bags, and they’ve got the cheek to say “will make good working dogs”

The final straw for me was when I got loads of abuse for saying I don’t have any permission I just run my dogs where I like. When lurcher owners are turning on their own for poaching a few bits for the freezer you know somethings gone very wrong somewhere down the line.

Think a lot of them forget the origins of the dog they keep and it wasn’t to eradicate the lords rabbit problem when he allowed you to do so.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

100% i had to come off those groups on Facebook, people breeding litters out of lurchers & the only pics you see of them are at shows chasing carrier bags, and they’ve got the cheek to say “will make good working dogs”

The final straw for me was when I got loads of abuse for saying I don’t have any permission I just run my dogs where I like. When lurcher owners are turning on their own for poaching a few bits for the freezer you know somethings gone very wrong somewhere down the line.

Think a lot of them forget the origins of the dog they keep and it wasn’t to eradicate the lords rabbit problem when he allowed you to do so.

Too true pal just do what you do that's all that matters ?

3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

No red feathered bitch, tried putting a pic on but I mustn't have good enough signal

48 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

This one seagull x cruise too pal 

3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

No red feathered bitch, tried putting a pic on but I mustn't have good enough signal

2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Hope u sort it ?