dew claws on or off ?

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive watched terriers over the yrs, use them to hook out nests of young rats, hold a bone etc..... And they help them in rocks and scrambling over shit ... Got an old terrier bitch here without them...... Watched her struggle climbing over rubbish after the rats, couldn't get up as high as the others with them on neck..... 

Meks sense climbing out bales and other places 

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting subject. I remember two well respected, old school lurcher men having diametrically opposed views on dew claws. Paul Sagar said the dew claw was attached to a tendon and removing

Made me laugh when you mentioned boots. That film man about dog came into mind told   (BOOTS ) 

Off

Posted Images

Had a few lurchers with them on and never had any bother at all but seen a few that had constant issues.

If they can be taken off properly, then all the better. Removes the chance of them being a problem.

1 of my lurchers has got them on 1 hasn't I was always taught always have them but I've only ever saw them a problem on 1 dog to be honest some dogs dew clews seem to be more prominent then others my mate had a beddy grey dog knocked his 1 night lamping we drove home to sort it out but before we had ever got there the dog decided to chew it off did a better job then a vet my shepherd x bitch has got hers but they've never been a problem she's about 4 now must just be luck 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

My blue bitch ripped them out that often they never grew back,remove.

What about you lads who keep coursing type dogs saluki xs etc, do you have them off. Read that racing dogs greyhounds  they keep there on. Wonder if coursing dogs from  waterloo cup days,  had there on just out of Intreast.? 

45 minutes ago, bird said:

What about you lads who keep coursing type dogs saluki xs etc, do you have them off. Read that racing dogs greyhounds  they keep there on. Wonder if coursing dogs from  waterloo cup days,  had there on just out of Intreast.? 

Two good dogs from the last Waterloo Cup, Ray;

Cashels Evening, doesn't appear to have them;

IMG_0237.JPG.a4630457d5e91757e1ab614d49ce0acd.JPG

Shashi, appears to have them .

IMG_0238.JPG.6c763ee1bad2efb3dfe1d376c610d722.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 1

A lad I know had a chap come with his son did my first litter of pups at 3 days old easy to do with some hibescub curly nail sissor's and a tub of cut an heal ?. Next litter I did myself. Dog I've got now has his but few raps of vet rap and he's cushty on the land. 

24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Two good dogs from the last Waterloo Cup, Ray;

Cashels Evening, doesn't appear to have them;

IMG_0237.JPG.a4630457d5e91757e1ab614d49ce0acd.JPG

Shashi, appears to have them .

IMG_0238.JPG.6c763ee1bad2efb3dfe1d376c610d722.JPG

Cheers.

Deffo an old pic the bloke holding the dog on the lead is rocking a pair of brashers they look like the hillmasters to me I've bought a few pair in my time loved those boots sorry that was off subject but it just caught my eye?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Penda said:

Deffo an old pic the bloke holding the dog on the lead is rocking a pair of brashers they look like the hillmasters to me I've bought a few pair in my time loved those boots sorry that was off subject but it just caught my eye?

2005, last Waterloo Cup.

Cheers.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

That means sorry I am your friend or person of similar origin 

Go to the top of the class young man. And by the way, on your way there, get them dewclaws sorted ??