I used to tell my boys on a winters morning,when thier moaning the shovels freezing,my fingers are cold."you did,nt want to study,so this is it,cold,wet,dirty,manaul labour.get on with it ya faires.

• Haha 3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And theres your problem....if you would help anyone in business then dont expect to be in business for very long. If im letting someone into my life or my business i want to know i can trust them

I know the feeling mate... Very few lads ever work for you that give a f**k about you, they say the right things to your face cause you pay the wages...but 99% will go wherever the money is...or

Maybe I should of worked for you then? ? I’m not disputing any of that mate & I’m not saying any of what’s gone on for the op is acceptable, it’s just the loyalty thing has never been a big thing

I used to tell my boys on a winters morning,when thier moaning the shovels freezing,my fingers are cold."you did,nt want to study,so this is it,cold,wet,dirty,manaul labour.get on with it ya faires.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

The most common & overused gripe on site during winter months is “I wish I’d listened at school”

• Like 2

One lad,whos helped me out at work on,and off for years,allways grafts,never cares what he does,will work 7 days,and pushed me to do it with him,was getting a bit pissed off,money,familys,(who mis treat him)birds etc,do i said get a nice sign written van,advertise for general gardening,etc,loads of elderly round here would give him work,gain thier trust,you will be earning half decent money,and work for yourself.but they dont want too,rather moan about thisr boss and blow thier wages in betfred

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

One lad,whos helped me out at work on,and off for years,allways grafts,never cares what he does,will work 7 days,and pushed me to do it with him,was getting a bit pissed off,money,familys,(who mis treat him)birds etc,do i said get a nice sign written van,advertise for general gardening,etc,loads of elderly round here would give him work,gain thier trust,you will be earning half decent money,and work for yourself.but they dont want too,rather moan about thisr boss and blow thier wages in betfred

Normal story mate, everyone is f***ing Richard Branson except they still phone you and ask if there is any work.

If everyone could get something going then they would but they can’t, so thats why they work for you ;) 

I’ve been there a few times and it’s the ones who I’ve given my all to who have done me in the end

i started my own window cleaning business when I passed my driving test man I worked for fencing was the one person to give me a chance when I was young and daft and everyone had written me of .... love him to bits and I’m now the godfather to his daughter but he couldn’t run a business or pay a wage on time ... I got the book of customers because he was due me a wedge anyway I worked on with him as agreed for 3/4 months mon to fri until I had to say sat sun wasn’t enough for me to do the window He sent me on my way proud as punch and embarrassed me every time he comes out with it but I learnt and I swore I would never be late on anyone getting paid of me and they haven’t been.

first young lad came to work for me wanted to be a joiner told him I’d give him 9 months work before college started and sort him a job I did and passes out his time last sept very proud next two helped out no end threw back at me to soft had to stand in court over ones unpaid rent and council tax used to pick him up in the mornings buy luck or share mine 20 fags in the motor there to share without asking great standard of work when he turned up every excuse when he never went to court with him because he’s no family .... got in he hadn’t sorted a lawyer showed me all his paperwork all the times he told me he had no money for buses lunch etc because of his rent and council tax he hadn’t paid either the whole time he’d worked for me and I’m standing infront of a judge arguing his case against housing associations lawyer who I had handed his payslips to earlier unreal tried for a month after but couldnt loom at him in the face and got rid.

have 3 older guys who work for me now 1s spot on which worries me more that I can trust him than the other two ones bumped my vans 3 times in 3 months the others spot on grafter Portuguese lad but every Saturday I get a story from when they have pints on a Friday and every pay day 14th and 25th he argues his pound notes 

only 29 and me and my bank account know I make money of them but standard of works drops and so does me reputation is the stress worth it? When I could just sell up do two roofs a week myself and get a dog or two again...work 3/4 days and be stress free and run the roofs properly or am I young enough to deal with the stress and keep going?? .... goodness knows I’ve got a few plans written up and standard operating procedures for when we’re back working again but really it’s probably my own ego knowing how hard I’ve worked for others and expect people to work for me.

6 hours ago, WILF said:

Nobody is immune to getting a f***ing though mate, but I understand what you are saying....don’t blame them, blame yourself, totally get that.

However, I personally think it takes some amount of energy to go through life being hard nosed about everything and not everyone is cut out for it.....I know I ain’t, it gets me down. ?

Its not about being hard nosed mate....if you're going into business its to make money not friends so i want to find the best and most efficient way of doing that....and from what ive experienced my way works for me but each to their own and of course....God loves a trier etc etc

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not about being hard nosed mate....if you're going into business its to make money not friends so i want to find the best and most efficient way of doing that....and from what ive experienced my way works for me but each to their own and of course....God loves a trier etc etc

No, I get you squire, I suppose it just comes down to personality....folks can’t change who they are and why should they, I have always been a bit of a heart on my sleeve type and it’s bitten me more than once but f**k it, I’m happy and can’t change so it’s just sort of go’s with the territory if you get my drift.

That said, the pound note comes first when you are actually working obviously and as I don’t need to tell you, everyone is best pals when the readies are flowing.....it’s when it’s a bit shaky that you tend to find out the flaws in people.

• Like 2