got the mountain bike out

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Looks class. How many watts is that mate looks pretty fast. I'm going to order my boy an electric quad off of that fun bikes website not sure what to speed to get. They say they are easy to restrict just flick a switch? 

36v 800w motor on my lads bike ... Most have 3 speed settings rusty?

Good bit of kit, keeps them quiet and neighbours don't complain about noise?DSC_0467.JPG.b19a44de48e9d18dfbd67c16959e8568.JPG

• Like 3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done a 6 miler, lovely. Cheers, D.  

Just had an hr up the feild with my lad on his electric motorbike.... Pulls me along and up the hills?  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I got an old bike in the shed. The gears not working properly. The 3 cogs at the front to select 1 2 and 3 it will go between 2 and 3 fine but when I try to get 1 the thing that pushes it jist hits the chain and doesnt knock it enough to go into gear. Easy fix?

Front deralieur that is, could be something simple like cable tension or bit of lube on it. 

Be careful if you decide not to  fix it some of the old retro bikes fetch good money. 

9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Will have a look tonight see what I can do with some wd40

I had a carrera subway I bought for £ 50 off ebay. Stuck it in shed month later got it out to ride it and gears didn't work. Changed gears over  from a bike I had lieing around, still didn't work. 

I ended loosing my temper taking them off and going single  speed ?still got to sort the front end out as running original up front. 

IMG_20200301_160823.jpg

• Haha 1

Quick ride just to see if the app would work with no internet connection and seems it dose so do abit more tomorrow I'm really not that fit but I'm also on day 4 of not smoking gone cold turkey from around 40 a day to nothing. Chuffed with the new bike aswell 

Screenshot_20200416-162240_MapMyRide.jpg

15870507126273476511448424223454.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

Quick ride just to see if the app would work with no internet connection and seems it dose so do abit more tomorrow I'm really not that fit but I'm also on day 4 of not smoking gone cold turkey from around 40 a day to nothing. Chuffed with the new bike aswell 

Screenshot_20200416-162240_MapMyRide.jpg

15870507126273476511448424223454.jpg

Nearly bought one of those while back second hand, they get good reviews ?

went out again on sunday usual trip up the hill.on the steepest part i heard i bike gaining on me so i looked back only to see two oap.s on elctric bikes bloody gliding past me in top gear ffs.so the question i have is does anyone know which little bike speedo is worth getting now ?.just want to know how far i go and what speed in mph.budget is upt £80 ish as i want something that is reliable and that will last

12 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

went out again on sunday usual trip up the hill.on the steepest part i heard i bike gaining on me so i looked back only to see two oap.s on elctric bikes bloody gliding past me in top gear ffs.so the question i have is does anyone know which little bike speedo is worth getting now ?.just want to know how far i go and what speed in mph.budget is upt £80 ish as i want something that is reliable and that will last

You can get them from about £10 on line, none of the corded or non corded ones I've had have ever lasted long, I suspect there's probably an app that will do it nowadays?

Cheers, D.

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

No wd 40. Can I out a splash if motor oil on the chain for just now?

Yes mate, put a bit of tippex or similar on one link, get a pencil or an empty biro tube, dip it in the oil and drop a bit of oil on every link, turn the bike upside down and do it again until every link is lubed ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Just done a 25 miler, who says you can't sit outside a pub and have drink? ?

All Rick Steins businesses on Lockdown. Fishmongers, cookery school, deli, chip shop and cafe.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200422_133907.jpg

IMG_20200422_133509.jpg

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Just done a 25 miler, who says you can't sit outside a pub and have drink? ?

All Rick Steins businesses on Lockdown. Fishmongers, cookery school, deli, chip shop and cafe.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200422_133907.jpg

IMG_20200422_133509.jpg

That's a good ride on a full suspension bike ..I've had a busy couple of days but hopefully we will get out on the bikes tomorrow :thumbs: