Ward type dogs

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ward and some of his stuff.

Seen this post and took a bit of interest. A close friend told me, In regards to wards early black stuff, This is the first black dog that ward bred. Another 1 called swaz, and a bitch called tatra. A

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

thought his stuff came from gary middleton ?

They were but he tidied them up with a more showy strain, Garys dogs back then wernt all as smart as some other strains and looked more workmanlike smart than show type smart and as an aside they were some very decent workers back then

• Like 2
1 minute ago, baker boy said:

They were but he tidied them up with a more showy strain, Garys dogs back then wernt all as smart as some other strains and looked more workmanlike smart than show type smart and as an aside they were some very decent workers back then

cant think of much that was around at time that much smarter than  garys gear  i know gouldy had some tidy bits most stuff around came from gary and ken i`m talking late 70s to early 90s ... 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

cant think of much that was around at time that much smarter than  garys gear  i know gouldy had some tidy bits most stuff around came from gary and ken i`m talking late 70s to early 90s ... 

I agree with you to an extent mate but even that far back there were a few distinct lakie types, you could look at a group of lakelands and pick Garys out from the other types, I think as smart as they were Garys looked more like workers than the more show lakeland type being bred around the N.E  and parts of the lake district...JMHO

• Like 3
1 hour ago, baker boy said:

I agree with you to an extent mate but even that far back there were a few distinct lakie types, you could look at a group of lakelands and pick Garys out from the other types, I think as smart as they were Garys looked more like workers than the more show lakeland type being bred around the N.E  and parts of the lake district...JMHO

i remember seeing  barry  todhunter at a show with some cracking blk n tans ... i put some up at a show maybe middleton bred owned by ruth arnold  in 2006 at the last show judged ...

1 hour ago, sid g said:

i remember seeing  barry  todhunter at a show with some cracking blk n tans ... i put some up at a show maybe middleton bred owned by ruth arnold  in 2006 at the last show judged ...

Shame the vast majority of lakelands are bred exclusively for the show ring these days, I kept only lakies til about 15 years ago, only takes 1 or 2 losses to fck you up when you're a 1 man band

30 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Shame the vast majority of lakelands are bred exclusively for the show ring these days, I kept only lakies til about 15 years ago, only takes 1 or 2 losses to fck you up when you're a 1 man band

i put a young dog out on loan a few year back i had a bitch here that i was going to put him back to the lad got him killed by a train while out on a walk  , i found a dog to put over the bitch then lost her to ground i`d only got 3 older dogs left so gave it bollox best laid plans n all that .. 

16 minutes ago, fatlad said:

I thought ward used cowans dogs I'm not sure but that's what I was told onto the border cross dog he had 

Had a few conversations with Ward about the breeding of his terriers he was sketchy about  breedings and told me to ask my mate if I wanted more detail.