Started building some Kennel boxes

Busy weekend this weekend and last not enough hours in a day at weekends to get stuff done been investing some money in a complete new kennel set up for my dogs it’s strange when your in to working dogs you’d rather save an spend on them rather than your self as they become the reflection of your self it’s been a long time coming trying to get the cash together as normal day to day life takes the funds but proper buzzing to get it finished I’ve treated them/and my self to a new 21x5 ft shed 10ft of it is there’s each kennel box is 5x5 by 4ft high there runs will be 5ft x7ft be nice to get them separated had a gentle reminder last night why I want them separated they had a couple of sardines each unknown to me one of them took one in to there at the minute shared bed box obviously the pup soon as the other bitch went in to bed the pup fired in there to fire some fucks in to her lucky I was still out in the garden to stop them. Here’s a picture of  my start on the bed boxes I’ve started I’ve not insulated them with king span this time as my budget wouldn’t stretch that far having to pay retail on it this time round I’ve doubled this silver back stuff up there be 4ft x2ft doors at the front for human access with dog pop holes cut in 15inches wide 25inches high  Please feel free to criticise my work or offer advice I’m not the easy offended type or if you have any ideas that could improve my little design feel free to let me know??

5B1D18E1-E7F9-427F-B2F6-4C5FEF651391.jpeg

• Like 11

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busy weekend this weekend and last not enough hours in a day at weekends to get stuff done been investing some money in a complete new kennel set up for my dogs it’s strange when your in to working do

With this virus kicking about an plenty of time on my hands I’ve finished the kennel boxes bar changing the hinges like I wanted to I’m going to use these for a bit as I don’t want to be spending mone

Never seen the like on it which end dya hit the nail with 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, poxon said:

Busy weekend this weekend and last not enough hours in a day at weekends to get stuff done been investing some money in a complete new kennel set up for my dogs it’s strange when your in to working dogs you’d rather save an spend on them rather than your self as they become the reflection of your self it’s been a long time coming trying to get the cash together as normal day to day life takes the funds but proper buzzing to get it finished I’ve treated them/and my self to a new 21x5 ft shed 10ft of it is there’s each kennel box is 5x5 by 4ft high there runs will be 5ft x7ft be nice to get them separated had a gentle reminder last night why I want them separated they had a couple of sardines each unknown to me one of them took one in to there at the minute shared bed box obviously the pup soon as the other bitch went in to bed the pup fired in there to fire some fucks in to her lucky I was still out in the garden to stop them. Here’s a picture of  my start on the bed boxes I’ve started I’ve not insulated them with king span this time as my budget wouldn’t stretch that far having to pay retail on it this time round I’ve doubled this silver back stuff up there be 4ft x2ft doors at the front for human access with dog pop holes cut in 15inches wide 25inches high  Please feel free to criticise my work or offer advice I’m not the easy offended type or if you have any ideas that could improve my little design feel free to let me know??

Looks like your doing a good enough job to me. I’m a long way but I’ve got loads of therma board 75 or 100 ml thick I would have let you have you you wanted it. I’m going to insulate myne out over the summer and maybe line it with some sort of plastic. Atb Igz

• Like 3
9 hours ago, poxon said:

Looks too be 3 mm out of plumb d

• Like 1
8 hours ago, king said:

Looks nice and neat mate.

Some of that foil stuff on the inside roof maybe ?

Hold the rising heat in and reflect it a bit in winter.

That’s my plan king roofs of bed boxes will be ply lined in foil insulated then ply lined to sandwich it in.the roof of the shed will be done as well to help control some heat over the summer ?? Gunner try an do a decent job on it As I can that way only do it once rather than keep trying to fix issues 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Pirate 9000 said:

Insulated and lined with plastic definitely worth the effort in the long run makes it easier to keep clean and hygiene to a higher level, money well spent in the long run.

Was looking at that 8x4 pvc sheeting for like kitchens And stuff for now it’ll be ply lined but see how I am in 6months time ??

2 hours ago, poxon said:

That’s my plan king roofs of bed boxes will be ply lined in foil insulated then ply lined to sandwich it in.the roof of the shed will be done as well to help control some heat over the summer ?? Gunner try an do a decent job on it As I can that way only do it once rather than keep trying to fix issues 

That's the way to do it.do it once then it's right for a long time.

So the top area above them boxs will be sealed in and above will be dead area.like an attic ? a few of these be handy in the top of the outside walls under the roof edges.

Some nice fresh air will be able to get in then and release some of the hot air in summer.obviously close them in winter.

Screenshot_20200317-111850.jpg.ca30de99cd1d081666ebb07d6f69672c.jpg

10 hours ago, king said:

That's the way to do it.do it once then it's right for a long time.

So the top area above them boxs will be sealed in and above will be dead area.like an attic ? a few of these be handy in the top of the outside walls under the roof edges.

Some nice fresh air will be able to get in then and release some of the hot air in summer.obviously close them in winter.

Screenshot_20200317-111850.jpg.ca30de99cd1d081666ebb07d6f69672c.jpg

Good shout mate I’ll look in to them ??

• Like 1

Cheapest cleanest quickest  way for kennels is to make them out of cold store  panels get a 2x1.2 meter panel for 30 quid bit a floor track to sit them in and angle and rivet corners real quick build food factory’s out of them clean as can be

• Like 1