Looking for a new job

12 hours ago, mushroom said:

What about Born and me? ? Newkid's no fool neither, that's 3 right there ?

Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever written about me on here...."no fool"... if only you knew...??

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one on here even smart enough to know wtf your on about mush ?

i sat outside a bar in Barcelona with mush a few year ago having a beer ....and I asked him then what he did for a living.....he explained ...and I sat with an expression like homer simpson .......

Sometimes i think about my ghetto upbringing education as " poor little me " but listening to some of this academic education it sounds boring as f**k im glad i played to my strengths after reading th

Posted Images

i sat outside a bar in Barcelona with mush a few year ago having a beer ....and I asked him then what he did for a living.....he explained ...and I sat with an expression like homer simpson .......

I'm still none the wiser....I actualy think hes just made it up.....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
12 hours ago, mushroom said:

What about Born and me? ? Newkid's no fool neither, that's 3 right there ?

We have implemented the likes of PRINCE2 and AGILE systems at our place. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I've worked under these systems, or at least tailored versions.

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

We have implemented the likes of PRINCE2 and AGILE systems at our place. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I've worked under these systems, or at least tailored versions.

Sounds gay ? Lol 

• Haha 2
Just now, Born Hunter said:

:laugh: Proper gay! Basically means the c**ts above me are actually able to keep tabs on how much work I'm doing...... or not doing!

It's INHUMANE!

What?, like if you have not bred some 40ft chickens and dogs with human hands or some shit in a week you get fired ? 

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I'm still none the wiser....I actualy think hes just made it up.....:D

??? think of me as a northern Del Boy.

41 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Aye, do you not remember we were talking about this a couple of years ago. What's been the impact?

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

:laugh: Proper gay! Basically means the c**ts above me are actually able to keep tabs on how much work I'm doing...... or not doing!

It's INHUMANE!

Lol if you get ME the scrum master role, I promise I'll ignore that you've created the Mr stay puff marshmallow man ?

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Aye, do you not remember we were talking about this a couple of years ago. What's been the impact?

The impact of our version of PRINCE2 project management has been department managers getting out of doing project paperwork because now they give it to a lowly 'project coordinator' to do! It was the perfect opportunity for them to offer legit project management opportunities to staff but they are too stuck in their ways to let that happen and as a consequence it's pretty much died a death. The real benefits of PRINCE2 have not been gained because they won't relinquish control!

The AGILE stuff has been with our Softies for a few years now and tbh it seems to have improved things up there. Not sure if it's just a coincidence but that dept is in a much better state these days, more capable and better staff retention. Aspects of it are being rolled out in a watered down form for the rest of us now, i.e we are using kanban to break up work into chunks for prioritisation by stakeholders, rather than just doing whatever we want. lol

I think the spanner and code monkeys in engineering disciplines can benefit from these systems quite a lot but I think research disciplines need to be given more freedom to f**k about with ideas. Difference between linear thinkers and lateral thinkers imo.

But honestly, I don't know shit really. :unknw: Getting out of the nitty gritty technical stuff and into a more business focused role (within a technical company), like project management or tech sales is probably a mid-long term career aspiration of mine so it wouldn't hurt t gain experience.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Sometimes i think about my ghetto upbringing education as " poor little me " but listening to some of this academic education it sounds boring as f**k im glad i played to my strengths after reading this?

I'm exactly the same mate, I currently deal with people and am distributing in the USA, Dubai, France, Australia, Monaco, Mexico and in the UK...

I was selling knocked off clothes, Athena posters and Argyle socks in school with my Dad "bankrolling it" when I was 14..lol...

Common sense goes a long way imo when running a company, a lot of these management programs and procedures revert back to good codes of practice and general moral standards...business is business no matter what you do or how you do it...buy at x and sale at a profit...I'm a simple fella, too much over complication and my brain hurts!! Lol

• Like 5

Ps...

I'm in no way knocking you Mush, onevof my directors in the Hydrogen business is ex big corporate world and forever running different management models past me...I know we will need to adapt and introduce some new systems as the growth is quite rapid at the minute (apart from Coronavirus!! b*****d!)...

But I still like simple easy to understand systems and realise the only way you can implement anything into a work force, organisation is if everyone buys in and adopts the processes....else you are pisding in the wind and wasting time and money...

I love learning about business, it genuinely interests me from a market trader to Richard Branson...