wilder and big George ? thoughts !!

read , that big old George Foreman , going to be helping Wilder in the 3rd fight. Said he going to help him keep his legs and use more combinations  working inside. well if it does happen, maybe Wilder might give Fury lot more trouble  in this fight, what' Mic , or Gnasher  thoughts , or anybody else ? , me my self , if wilder can learn from him, even though he crap boxer, and it big If , he  might put up lot better fight , than last fight .!!

Im of the opinion that the heavyweights are the only division in boxing that novices can come into the sport and do relatively well on pure physicality....look through history from Marciano to Lyle to Ken Norton they were all late bloomers that did brilliantly on very little skill and ability but what they did have was physicality.......Wilder is the same.

They just dont have the instinctive movement and basic boxing fundamentals and simply make the best of their physical attributes......look at the way Wilder launches in with his attacks from the outside,he has extraordinary power and so is very effective against a certain level of opponent but its not going to work on fighters with good basic fundamentals....Wilder will only launch in with these attacks from a distance he feels " safe " at himself.....this is because he doesnt have fundamental fighting instinct.

Can that be corrected by someone like Foreman.....it can be improved on yes of course it can....but you cant make up 25 years of spontaneous and impulsive movement in one training camp no.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

Personally I don’t think it will make a jot of a difference, wilder is a shite boxer with a punch that can get him out of trouble, he has now been exposed and everybody that fights him in the future will never give him the respect he has enjoyed or the distance he needs to swing his windmills, he should just make a couple of big money fights and get the f**k out, it’s a bit like the local bully who gets away with it through fear and intimidation, then one day someone levels them out with a one punch in front of everybody and before you no it everyone suddenly wants to give them a slap ? 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Personally I don’t think it will make a jot of a difference, wilder is a shite boxer with a punch that can get him out of trouble, he has now been exposed and everybody that fights him in the future will never give him the respect he has enjoyed or the distance he needs to swing his windmills, he should just make a couple of big money fights and get the f**k out, it’s a bit like the local bully who gets away with it through fear and intimidation, then one day someone levels them out with a one punch in front of everybody and before you no it everyone suddenly wants to give them a slap ? 

Lol, I don't think it's only now that he's been exposed. From the information I've gleaned from looking at his fight history etc, I'm of the opinion that his 'connections' have known about his failings for a number of years. I know I'm like a stuck record lol, but wilder is poor, and has never been world class. He's fought no-one really, and has been protected for years. They only took the first fury fight because they thought fury was completely washed up. 

G, I'm not laughing at you by the way, just laughing about the bully analogy with the slap lol ? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Floyd had also offered to train him ?

yeh money man as well lol,  i read that mate, but think wilder thinking more towards foreman, but 3 months away yet .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Lol, I don't think it's only now that he's been exposed. From the information I've gleaned from looking at his fight history etc, I'm of the opinion that his 'connections' have known aboit his failings for a number of years. I know I'm like a stuck record lol, but wilder is poor, and has never been world class. He's fought no-one really, and has been protected for years. They only took the first fury fight because they thought fury was completely washed up. 

G, I'm not laughing at you by the way, just laughing about the bully analogy with the slap lol ? ?

true mate  , he just a poor heavyweight, but packs hell of  punch in both hands  , and they have got him out of trouble  as you say , deff .

40 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im of the opinion that the heavyweights are the only division in boxing that novices can come into the sport and do relatively well on pure physicality....look through history from Marciano to Lyle to Ken Norton they were all late bloomers that did brilliantly on very little skill and ability but what they did have was physicality.......Wilder is the same.

They just dont have the instinctive movement and basic boxing fundamentals and simply make the best of their physical attributes......look at the way Wilder launches in with his attacks from the outside,he has extraordinary power and so is very effective against a certain level of opponent but its not going to work on fighters with good basic fundamentals....Wilder will only launch in with these attacks from a distance he feels " safe " at himself.....this is because he doesnt have fundamental fighting instinct.

Can that be corrected by someone like Foreman.....it can be improved on yes of course it can....but you cant make up 25 years of spontaneous and impulsive movement in one training camp no.

true gnash, with foreman  he deff can help with wilder crap boxing ability lol, ok maybe not enough to beat fury or Aj for that matter, as he improved himself from his last fight in ability . Another thing gnash i think you said regards mike tyson and is boxing ability, was he had strong legs , good thighs/calf's  , could punch up from his legs and get power , this i know my self from karate / boxing i did when younger. wilder got thin legs , and fury as for that matter ,  but fury improved his power by planting his feet more and using his weight 19 st. Wilder punches  more from his chest/ shoulders, but  generates  massive power what he does, and he not over big heavyweight  , he won most of his fight at 15st  9lb there abouts.   i think 16 st 8lb last fight he was to sluggish   i reckon . well thats what i think. you never know could be real good  scrap, there next fight .?

Wilders own team even stated that he refuses to learn to box as he always relies on his power. Wilder is a Bronze medal Olympian himself so of course he can box but he seems to have that " I know best " mentality. Breland who is one of Wilders trainers is one of the most decorated American amateur boxers and also a Gold medal Olympian himself as well as being a two time World Champion as a pro so if Wilder won't listen to him who will he take notice of ? Wilder has always had his flaws but always got away with it until the Fury rematch. Wilder is taking the immediate rematch with Fury but is that him or the money men behind him cashing out ? The look on WBC President Mauricio Sulimains face was priceless when Wilder got stopped . There are still plenty of big fights out there for Wilder and as America has no Heavyweight Champion now, doors will open easy now for him and Ruiz just watch .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, MickC said:

Wilders own team even stated that he refuses to learn to box as he always relies on his power. Wilder is a Bronze medal Olympian himself so of course he can box but he seems to have that " I know best " mentality. Breland who is one of Wilders trainers is one of the most decorated American amateur boxers and also a Gold medal Olympian himself as well as being a two time World Champion as a pro so if Wilder won't listen to him who will he take notice of ? Wilder has always had his flaws but always got away with it until the Fury rematch. Wilder is taking the immediate rematch with Fury but is that him or the money men behind him cashing out ? The look on WBC President Mauricio Sulimains face was priceless when Wilder got stopped . There are still plenty of big fights out there for Wilder and as America has no Heavyweight Champion now, doors will open easy now for him and Ruiz just watch .

fair enough  mick, well he got good bloke in his corner, but if dont listen , he get duffed again by fury . wonder if and who Ruiz fight next , him and  Usyk  be good scrap , one wants to prove himself as heavy,the other wants to be champion again, unless he  just want to sit on his money he made from Aj fights.

46 minutes ago, MickC said:

Wilder is a Bronze medal Olympian himself so of course he can box 

Why of course he can box ?....its clear to see he cant box.....and dont forget his bronze medal was at 200lb not super heavy.....the super heavy bronze medalist in that Olympics was David Price ?

Amateur success quite often means nothing in the pros look back through the heavyweight division alone Camarelle,Solis to Biggs,Tillman and right back to Sanders,Radermacher all Gold Medal winners that couldnt do it in the pros.....Duane Bobick beat Larry Holmes in the amateurs but did nothing in the pros.

The obvious one for me as he was a Repton boy that i watched come through was Audley Harrison (Olympic Gold ).....would you say " of course he can box "

They are completely different games some of the most decorated Olympians in history could barely make a career in the pro game.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Why of course he can box ?....its clear to see he cant box.....and dont forget his bronze medal was at 200lb not super heavy.....the super heavy bronze medalist in that Olympics was David Price ?

Amateur success quite often means nothing in the pros look back through the heavyweight division alone Camarelle,Solis to Biggs,Tillman and right back to Sanders,Radermacher all Gold Medal winners that couldnt do it in the pros.....Duane Bobick beat Larry Holmes in the amateurs but did nothing in the pros.

The obvious one for me as he was a Repton boy that i watched come through was Audley Harrison (Olympic Gold ).....would you say " of course he can box "

They are completely different games some of the most decorated Olympians in history could barely make a career in the pro game.

Some boxers just never make the transition from amateur to pro, a few local lads up here being multi title holders as amateurs but done nothing as pros.But tbf to Wilder he went from Olympic bronze medalist to WBC world champion.If Wilder is not going to listen thats all there is too it, like I mentioned his team have tried with him and he didnt want to know. Now Fury has beat him lets hope he listens to the people around him now, but at 34 and the rematch only a few months away it will be interesting to see what changes are made . For somebody that cant box hes done well for himself I will give him that .

Edited by MickC

If this is true I'd imagine it's as much to sell the ppv to the American public after a one sided beatdown as anything else. That said I've always thought foreman was underated for his boxing knowledge he seems to keep things simple and understands how to manage strengths and weaknesses to get the best results as seen in his two completely different world champion careers.