I was always told the one true friend you have is your mum and after what my old girl has been through I totally agree always there for all her kids and grand kids and the corner stone to any family 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I was always told the one true friend you have is your mum and after what my old girl has been through I totally agree always there for all her kids and grand kids and the corner stone to any family 

Sadly family are just, friends you have no say in, my mum is in a home not a 100 yards from my house and I drive past it twice a day, my old man drives past my front door to visit here twice a day yet our paths seldom cross, I have made the effort with my own kids to make sure they don’t feel the same, they are all here now having breakfast, kids, kids partners and grandson, but it’s not a given you only get out what you put in, most of my childhood memory’s are made up of beatings and locked doors, so why the f**k would you stay friends with that ✌️✌️

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Mine were / are great parents but to be fair they don’t have much to do with the grandkids at all shame really cos my in-laws dote over the kids but it is what it is and we all have a good relationship just mine don’t spend Any where near enough time with the grandkids... Ive told them aswell my old girl has the attitude of “ive done my bit I was a Good mum to you lot for years” lol 

• Like 1

Nuts my old girl don't bother, my Oldman remarried, works away, makes the effort for birthdays and Xmas, Mrs mother is gold as good but seriously ill... Mrs Oldman I wouldn't piss on if he was on ?... Never once even held any of his 6 grandkids?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Kids ain't stupid kev... They soon realise.... My kids won't stay down there now, even if she offers.... Her loss ?

My ma an da love seeing the kids, and love when I bring them down, but we rarely get down because I've a horrible fcukng sister that never paid a penny towards the house, but moans like fcuk if the kids are there,poor kids can't even drop a crumb or spill a drop of juice you'd think they were after driving through the gaff in a bulldozer ffs, it's not worth the hassle most times, 

Funny old thing family’s the mrs old girls having chemo at moment and it’s knocked her sick she started radio therapy in a couple weeks then hopefully she can start having them a bit more again she FaceTimes everyday though!! My old girls seen my new baby 3 times in 4 months 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Sadly family are just, friends you have no say in, my mum is in a home not a 100 yards from my house and I drive past it twice a day, my old man drives past my front door to visit here twice a day yet our paths seldom cross, I have made the effort with my own kids to make sure they don’t feel the same, they are all here now having breakfast, kids, kids partners and grandson, but it’s not a given you only get out what you put in, most of my childhood memory’s are made up of beatings and locked doors, so why the f**k would you stay friends with that ✌️✌️

Have some idea of where your coming from greyman.

Atb j

• Like 1

My dad 95 my mum 93 Always been there for all us kids &their  grandkids. All their grandkids visit them regularly & way i see it is they did well by me growing up so nows my turn/chance to look after them tho not so easy to help my dad with anything as hes still very independent bless him. Atb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have seen my Mother once in 30 years at my Grandmothers funeral and my old man walked out when I was 4 it’s a long story not to be discussed on a public forum but Greyman I get exactly where your coming from.

If anything it’s made me stronger and more independent and focused. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1