Sign in to follow this  
kinkell

For the pigeon boys

22 hours ago, sid g said:

seems a long while ago now around 1975 bird had just been clocked in from berwick came 3rd  won a few races then i lost him @ 4 year old from the nantes race 600 mile   ... Image may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor

Nantes is only 250 for us 

16 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Nantes is only 250 for us 

might be a lot less then it was a few year back 400 mile sounds about right thinking about it i`d got nantes @ 600 in my head for some reason  .i`ve got a box of certs and photos in the garage i`ll have to have a look ...:thumbs:

Edited by sid g

My first pair of pigeons were big daft looking things, think they were called dragoons but I might be wrong. 

My dad kept rollers and some high fliers that I'm sure we're called cumlets? He also had some tiny things with little beaks. 

We also had a gay pair of pigeons, they even looked gay with little curls all over em, think they were called frill backs.

I keep thinking I'll get some Birmingham rollers again one day 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

My first pair of pigeons were big daft looking things, think they were called dragoons but I might be wrong. 

My dad kept rollers and some high fliers that I'm sure we're called cumlets? He also had some tiny things with little beaks. 

We also had a gay pair of pigeons, they even looked gay with little curls all over em, think they were called frill backs.

I keep thinking I'll get some Birmingham rollers again one day 

The ones with the little beaks could of been Chinese or African owls or figaritas 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Few pics of the young birds

Screenshot_20200315_152450_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20200315_152438_com.facebook.katana.jpg

wnen do they pair up now days used to be feb valentines day when i was at it my mate pairs his show stuff up in dec under lights ..

aye a lot of the show birds are bred so they have been throo moult by time shows comes round👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid g said:

wnen do they pair up now days used to be feb valentines day when i was at it my mate pairs his show stuff up in dec under lights ..

There my brothers birds, I think they started breeding around December, he bought in some youngsters in around January that were just out of the nest, an he had plenty sitting on eggs

• Thanks 1

I keep getting tempted to try a pair of Spanish thief pouters on the local ferals but it's a lot of expense and ball ache to set up and if they don't work them it's a waste of time.

The horseman and crosses I tried were unsuccessful on the ferals.

If you like pigeons  just fit solar panels you will get shit loads, ill give you a price for netting  your panels.

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2020 at 18:54, pengelli said:

Aye  katchum used to go at night and do the swaps we used to buy big dyed hens bought one for£10 one night me and ma mate halved in for it fiver each strong money back in the day 😂😂

can you mind the doo shops on maryhill road and keppochill road going back 30 year here?

8 hours ago, jackthelad said:

can you mind the doo shops on maryhill road and keppochill road going back 30 year here?

Used be a wee one down barra’s aswell in back of a pet shop I remember as a boy, an Was one over back a Pinkston prob about 10 year ago, never lasted long tho, I found it by chance one day, guy that owned it wouldn’t give me time a day as far as buying birds were concerned so was just about to buy some meds an a carry box an big Kev come walking in, come straight over an was talking to the wee man an within half hour guy shut shop up an took me an big Kev up to his house an opened his caveys an told the wee man to go pick any few pair he wanted 😂 shanks he was called, was a good cnut in end, but shop shut down again now☹️

• Like 1