• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just stuck a box of 5’s through it, more than happy and it’s on point out of the box.. patterns nicely at 30yrd! itll do for me and got a good deal?

I had  been tempted to get one in the past . A mate has a 410 moderated which we use in our terrier work for dispatch at the end of a dig . I have also thought of the advantages when pigeon shooting n

Posted Images

7 hours ago, tomburras said:

Hi si! Just spotted this (not been on for a while) nice purchase! I have been using one of these in 20 bore with same cartridges you are using and found it epic! Im sure it will give you great service. Mine has been used as my main gun I also use it for lamping. Recently I parted with it and got the investarm o/u version. The pump was really good, I only changed to the investarm as I found the mossberg a bit front heavy so had to use a sling on my long walks. The investarm is amazing and the balance is a lot better and also quieter, but the mossberg is still great! I tried a box of eley high flyer as recommended by rimfireboy off here, they are quieter than the hushpower ones we are using. Iv just got in from a lamping trip over near you. The eley vip echo,ed off the hills no end, the hushpower carts sounded like a clak noise, didn't even sound like a gun.  Great guns happy hunting and all the best. Tom. 

Hang on Tom, are you saying the Investarm o/u has some kind of noise suppressor fitted or have I misunderstood you.

Phil

2 minutes ago, philpot said:

Well bugger me, that is a new one on me. >410 I take it.

Phil

Hi phil no a 20 bore, nice and pointable shoots almost like a standard ou. I fitted it with a glowing easyhit bead its a great bit of kit. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, philpot said:

Oh hell Tom, that is even better mate and perfect for two perms I have where there are lots and lots and lots etc etc of pigeons but a little close to houses. Perfik.....

Phil

They are ace much quieter I would reccomend one I use mine for lamping too its a very handy gun I wouldn't be without one now. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Sausagedog said:

Been tempted many times myself. How much are they? I forget....

Got me thinking as well SD and just showed the photo to my pal so now he is interested in one...............................you have started something here Tom.

Phil

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, philpot said:

Got me thinking as well SD and just showed the photo to my pal so now he is interested in one...............................you have started something here Tom.

Phil

A friend of mine had one, it was quiet but he couldn’t get on with it and traded it for a mossberg 20 hushpower, and he prefers the mossberg. Best to try both before buying if possible. See which suits you best?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, tomburras said:

Hi si! Just spotted this (not been on for a while) nice purchase! I have been using one of these in 20 bore with same cartridges you are using and found it epic! Im sure it will give you great service. Mine has been used as my main gun I also use it for lamping. Recently I parted with it and got the investarm o/u version. The pump was really good, I only changed to the investarm as I found the mossberg a bit front heavy so had to use a sling on my long walks. The investarm is amazing and the balance is a lot better and also quieter, but the mossberg is still great! I tried a box of eley high flyer as recommended by rimfireboy off here, they are quieter than the hushpower ones we are using. Iv just got in from a lamping trip over near you. The eley vip echo,ed off the hills no end, the hushpower carts sounded like a clak noise, didn't even sound like a gun.  Great guns happy hunting and all the best. Tom. 

Now Tom.. how’s it going?! You been hitting the fish for the last few months..

I’ll have to try them eley’s , that slab I got were the last and only subs in the shop!

ive carted it about for a few miles and I’m ok with the weight but there is a plan involving me lathe some carbon and ally bar?

the only problem I’ve been having is forgetting to pump the bloody thing, not used anything but semis for the last year or so.. bloody annoying when you pull the trigger and nowt happens?

had a wonder yesterday, it was bloody windy though so not much about  

BCF683FB-C796-4004-9258-62802DD94EDC.jpeg.b833d47239e32d4a349e3ca8616f1ae7.jpeg

Like the idea of your o/u , I get sick of looking about on the floor for carts!

what area are you shooting in?!

there are loads of golf corses round this way, the amount of farms is mental 

Hi si! Not done much fishing (or shooting) lately I rarely had any time off in last the 3 months or been going from day shifts onto night shifts  (alternating weekley) so been too tired to go  ☹️

Them eleys are great, kirklees guns stock them too if ever you are looking for more of them. I'd like to reload them some time too, I bet that could be interesting.

I'd love to see what you will do with the carbon and ally bar ?

I know what you mean about forgetting to pump ha ha! I did that too, and spent a long while sometimes finding the empties in long grass. Well worth it tho, great guns! I just fancied trying an o/u version too.

I was near pickering, it was very windy! Its a great area of the country over there I bet you love it!

1 hour ago, tomburras said:

Hi si! Not done much fishing (or shooting) lately I rarely had any time off in last the 3 months or been going from day shifts onto night shifts  (alternating weekley) so been too tired to go  ☹️

Them eleys are great, kirklees guns stock them too if ever you are looking for more of them. I'd like to reload them some time too, I bet that could be interesting.

I'd love to see what you will do with the carbon and ally bar ?

I know what you mean about forgetting to pump ha ha! I did that too, and spent a long while sometimes finding the empties in long grass. Well worth it tho, great guns! I just fancied trying an o/u version too.

I was near pickering, it was very windy! Its a great area of the country over there I bet you love it!

Got to confess I don’t miss them continental shifts.. it was a cushy number at pindar’s though could do winter on the presses and summer laying bricks?

yeah there’s some mint land over that way, few of my mates beat over there and me local shop owners got his own mini shoot there too. 

been thinking about reloading for the 20, like doing it for me centre fires.. gives me something to do when I’m board?

ill let you know how the fettle goes if I don’t blow myself up?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

Got to confess I don’t miss them continental shifts.. it was a cushy number at pindar’s though could do winter on the presses and summer laying bricks?

yeah there’s some mint land over that way, few of my mates beat over there and me local shop owners got his own mini shoot there too. 

been thinking about reloading for the 20, like doing it for me centre fires.. gives me something to do when I’m board?

ill let you know how the fettle goes if I don’t blow myself up?

Are we talking about Pindar Print here boys.  I used to call in to see them as I was in the print game. Trying to remember the guy's name who ran the repro department, you will not what the hell I am talking about if this is not Pindar Print however.

Phil

• Like 2