7 hours ago, si brown said:

any of you lads on here have any experience with these?!

363471234_Screenshot2020-01-25at09_01_35.png.8e948abb23226344b38f73c1eeeb6201.png

up until last years bs I use to go hide shooting loads but with packman's bollox and antis phoning the police all the time ive chilled out and not been very much at all of lately..

ive got an o/u that is basically redundant as my beretta semi is my goto for everything but if I can keep the racket down id be back in the hide a lot more. 

there are massive numbers of Woodys about at the moment that I put down to last years uncontrollable breeding, all the fields around my area are full of flags and crow scarers that do absolutely sod all. 

any advice would be greatly appreciated 

cheers si

2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I don't use it to hide I like it as it don't scare away every crow in the county 

The original post was about pigeon shooting and  antis phoning the police all the time. Not about crow shooting.

Quote....

if I can keep the racket down id be back in the hide a lot more. There are massive numbers of Woodys about at the moment ,  all the fields around my area are full of flags and crow scarers that do absolutely sod all. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just stuck a box of 5’s through it, more than happy and it’s on point out of the box.. patterns nicely at 30yrd! itll do for me and got a good deal?

I had  been tempted to get one in the past . A mate has a 410 moderated which we use in our terrier work for dispatch at the end of a dig . I have also thought of the advantages when pigeon shooting n

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Meece said:

The original post was about pigeon shooting and  antis phoning the police all the time. Not about crow shooting.

Quote....

if I can keep the racket down id be back in the hide a lot more. There are massive numbers of Woodys about at the moment ,  all the fields around my area are full of flags and crow scarers that do absolutely sod all. 

Duly noted, but my point is still valid that one of the major benefits of mod shotgun is not scaring away your intended quarry. 

Got a o/u 20 fully moderated. Very quiet with subsonics. Use it on a range of jobs from foxes in small woodland blocks.to rats and corvids in the farm yards. Very handy tool. Would not want to carry it all day though. Also make sure you strip and clean all parts barrel mod 

• Like 2

Si, you need to bring that down to our quarry perm as it would be perfect. I fancied a 20gauge version for this perm as there about 1500 pigeon dropping in and out of the quarry onto the rape and back in the quarry again.

I did have a hold of a 12 gauge in the shop but it felt VERY front end heavy.  Can we take that out sometime mate.

Phil

• Like 1
10 hours ago, philpot said:

Si, you need to bring that down to our quarry perm as it would be perfect. I fancied a 20gauge version for this perm as there about 1500 pigeon dropping in and out of the quarry onto the rape and back in the quarry again.

I did have a hold of a 12 gauge in the shop but it felt VERY front end heavy.  Can we take that out sometime mate.

Phil

Yeah no problem phil?
out with it now:)

D935EBB6-43EB-4883-9915-308CDAC31E08.jpeg.0618db0b55ad205872defbb820fedeec.jpeg
this doesn’t feel to bad at all, thought it might be a bit of a mare but I’m liking it so far?

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

What's on the menu for it today? 

Absolutely sod all this morning...

had a fox come so close I could of thrown me gun at it and taken it out while I was watching two out in the middle of a field? Nearly gave me a hart attack.  

off back out for a roost bash this aft, gonna stock the freezer back up?

I had  been tempted to get one in the past . A mate has a 410 moderated which we use in our terrier work for dispatch at the end of a dig . I have also thought of the advantages when pigeon shooting near housing . I have in the past had complaints about noise and police coming over to speak to me . But I’ve found that people will complain about even moderated shooting . It’s a tricky one as even when shooting mid week you are bound to disturb someone who has just finished a night shift . Best advice , keep shooting with a normal shotgun and grow a thick skin !!??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I had  been tempted to get one in the past . A mate has a 410 moderated which we use in our terrier work for dispatch at the end of a dig . I have also thought of the advantages when pigeon shooting near housing . I have in the past had complaints about noise and police coming over to speak to me . But I’ve found that people will complain about even moderated shooting . It’s a tricky one as even when shooting mid week you are bound to disturb someone who has just finished a night shift . Best advice , keep shooting with a normal shotgun and grow a thick skin !!??

It’ll definitely be getting a lot of use sl, it’s hard to describe the sound.. it’s certainly not loud. 
as for thick skin I’ve had women screaming at me before and I bet the police are sick of all the calls.. I’ve been grassed up for looking shifty with binoculars ?

it’s nice not to have to use any ear plugs too?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

I handled the 12 as well as the 20 in the shop. It made the choice easy for me, I walked out with the 20.

• Like 2

Hi si! Just spotted this (not been on for a while) nice purchase! I have been using one of these in 20 bore with same cartridges you are using and found it epic! Im sure it will give you great service. Mine has been used as my main gun I also use it for lamping. Recently I parted with it and got the investarm o/u version. The pump was really good, I only changed to the investarm as I found the mossberg a bit front heavy so had to use a sling on my long walks. The investarm is amazing and the balance is a lot better and also quieter, but the mossberg is still great! I tried a box of eley high flyer as recommended by rimfireboy off here, they are quieter than the hushpower ones we are using. Iv just got in from a lamping trip over near you. The eley vip echo,ed off the hills no end, the hushpower carts sounded like a clak noise, didn't even sound like a gun.  Great guns happy hunting and all the best. Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1